IMDb > Last Stand (2000) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Last Stand More at IMDbPro »

Help!!

Author: MICHAEL from Arlington, Texas
31 March 2001

This film is a waste! Old storyline, no evidence of acting, directing is clueless, Not even any eye candy! I do not understand why the producer would spend the money to create nothing. Yeah, I didn't like this "Last Stand". It is definitely in my worst top ten. I wish I could say I saw it on late nite cable but, I actually spent the money to rent it ( I love science fiction) but there was no science and way too much fiction. The best thing about it was at least it wasn't sub-titled or dubbed!

Sub standard sci-fi action

Author: actionfilm-2 from United States
18 May 2011

An ex military convict is recruited to rescue the President's son (actually not sure if he's the President, but some big shot nonetheless) and the nuclear launch device known as the "football". To do so she must battle futuristic Nazis and suffer degradation.

Alright, where do I begin? Gun battles staged and edited in such a way as to be incomprehensible, constant violation of the 360 rule, poor acting, clumsily staged action, complete lack of chemistry between any of the leads, and overall absence of logic. Stilted line delivery draws so much attention to itself as to be painful, almost as if the actors were reading a malfunctioning teleprompter. The film mixes boderline softcore scenes into the absurdity, leaving me to wonder who in Sam Hill the target audience is for this travesty. I respect filmmakers working in the confines of a minimal budget (this appears to have been filmed with "Fatal Conflict"), but unfortunately "Last Stand" only succeeds as an exercise in boredom.

Egads...someone get me some crackers with this cheese!

Author: NEUF from Boston, MA
9 February 2001

Thankfully I got this as a free rental because it's not worth paying the $3.75 rental fee to see it.

Bad acting coupled with a disappointing storyline and you've got Last Stand. When the movie started I thought for sure I was watching another lame movie called Fatal Conflict. I don't know who copied who but neither movie was "blockbuster" material.