Cassandra Jones is a young woman from Toronto with a very active imagination and unique view of the world. Feeling trapped by life in her low-income community, and unable to relate to her brother Patrick, a petty criminal, or her overly pious mother, Mary, Cassandra decides to leave Toronto. She applies and is accepted into an exchange program between Quebec and West Africa. When she reaches her Quebec destination, a pig farm, she encounters, Sylvie Leblanc, a woman in need of change, her husband, Luc Leblanc, a man afraid of change and Abdoulaye Diallo, her African exchange counter-part, a man who regrets his decision to seek change. Because none of her expectations are met, Cassandra quickly becomes unhappy on the farm. Her presence creates plenty of tension, much of it humorous. A surprising conclusion comes about after a roller-coaster series of events. Written by
Did You Know?
Cassandra Jones makes 7 resolutions. They are:
- Defend Africanness;
- Never eat brown stuff from fridge ever again;
- All animals are equal, but some are more disgusting than others - never eat pork ever again;
- Conserve energy for the true task;
- Work is sorrow, rest is bliss;
- Get the hell out of this place;
- There will be no more resolutions.