IMDb > "Destination Stardom" (1999) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Destination Stardom" More at IMDbPro »

Awesome

Author: RavenDarkwing from Orlando, Florida
13 March 2003

I was on the crew of this TV SHOW. I must say that LISA CANNING and KALA'I MILLER are simply THE BEST. I have never met any talent that I have enjoyed working with the most. I always thought that the show could have had more appeal if we were to take it "ON THE ROAD" so to speak - like survivor does.

Entertaining!

Author: Jiggyray
5 September 2004

This show is on Sundays at midnight on the local Twin Cities ABC affiliate as of September 2004 and has weird "Heritage Network" bumpers between commercials. I thought it was current until in one segment host Kala'i Miller talks about Baywatch Hawaii, which I knew was canceled a while ago. The show is a rip-off of Star Search but seems to have a large budget and is well put together. The talent overall is 2nd rate though, especially the stand-up comedians. I've seen about a dozen episodes and ***SPOILER*** the same female model wins every dang time! ***end Spoiler*** This show was apparently shown originally on Pax TV in 1999 and was cancelled in the summer of 2000 because of low ratings and lack of funding from the state of Hawaii. Even know I'm jealous of co-host Kala'i Miller's looks, he does a good job even though he is a tad bit bland.