IMDb > "Katie Joplin" (1999) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Katie Joplin" More at IMDbPro »

good show

Author: Mike Bromberg (berger2@hotbot.com) from atlanta, Georgia
30 August 1999

I think this is a good show not the best but pretty good. This show is funny. also The name Katie Joplin is ironic, Because of Janis Joplin being a rock artist and Katie Joplin works in a radio station as kind a Dr Laura personality. also the actors and actresses they picked to be in the show were a perfect choice.

I liked it

Author: DopeyBSB from CA
1 November 1999

I thought the show was really funny, and Jim Rash and Simon Rex are such great actors. Also it had some familiar faces that I remember from awhile ago, and some new ones that will probably stick around. I was sorry to see it go so fast, it was good.

Strong actors, good premise, not so good stories

Author: Ernie-17 from Orlando, FL
23 August 1999

While it's nice to see Park Overall in series television again, she may not have the audience draw necessary to pull this show past its first few episodes, which have been weak re-tellings of all-to-common tales (country girl moves to big city to start over and has trouble adjusting, teen disobeys parent and is caught, father who walked out tries to come back). The premise of the series has some potential, but will need better stories to survive.