Digimon: Digital Monsters (1999–2003)
- Koromon: korokoro, meaning something small, round and rolling.
- Tsunomon: tsuno=horn.
- Yokomon: pyokopyoko= hopping and dancing around.
- Motimon: mochi=rice dough.
- Tanemon: tane=seed.
- Bukamon: misspelling from its original Japanese name Pukamon that comes from a word pukapuka=floating.
- Tokomon: tokoton=the very last.
- Agumon: agurabana=wide flat nose
- Gabumon: gabugabu=guzzling
- Biyomon: misspelling of its original Japanese name Piyomon that comes from a word piyo=sound of bird
- Tentomon: tentomushi=ladybug
- Palmon: combo of words pal=friend and palm tree
- Gomamon: goma=sesame seed; check out the shape of the spots on his back
- Patamon: patapata=flapping.
- Kuwagamon's name comes from a Japanise word kuwagatamushi, which means stag beetle