A group of young teens is unexpectedly sent to the mysterious Digital World and paired up with their own powerful, morphing monster called the Digimon. Together the entire group set out on an adventure to fight evil and save the world.
An animated series based on the popular children's toy "Digimon", in which kids raise and train electronic monsters to fight against those raised by other kids. The show follows the ... See full summary »
Yugi Moto solves an Ancient Egyptian Puzzle and brings forth a dark and powerful alter ego. Whenever he and his friends are threatened by evil in Duel Monster Card Game, this alter ego breaks out to save them.
An animated series based on the popular children's toy "Digimon", in which kids raise electronic monsters to fight against those raised by other kids. The show follows the adventures of a ... See full summary »
Seven kids attending a summer camp in Japan are transported to an alternate world linked to ours by the Information Superhighway. That's why it is called Digiworld. The kids make friends with strange creatures called Digimon who become stranger as they "digivolve". During the course of the story, the kids learn that they and the Digimon are the only hope of saving both Earth and Digiworld from total destruction. Written by
Steven Pani <email@example.com>
Don't get me wrong, this stuff is still quite cheesey, but I found it to be more entertaining than Pokemon. Here are the reasons why:
1. Not only did I find Digimon to be much more humorous than Pokemon, but overall it seemed more colorful in nature.
2. The soundtrack contained fun rock songs that fit well with the movie.
3. Which brings me to the point that Digimon is aimed at a slightly older audience than Pokemon, which is probably why I enjoyed it more.
4. I found there to be more character development. Each character's personality grew apparent and the fact that they were all in a closely knit group called the Digi-Destined helped the character development greatly.
5. The action seemed a bit more violent at times and the concept of Digivolving was great. Really helped peak the interest and intensity.
That's about it. It's still goofy stuff, but pretty fun nonetheless.
22 of 25 people found this review helpful.
Was this review helpful to you?