IMDb > Leprechaun in the Hood (2000) (V) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Leprechaun in the Hood

Leprechaun in the Hood (V) More at IMDbPro »

Page 1 of 9:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [Next]

This WAS a brilliant vision.......

Author: Hoohahmoron from Kentucky
3 September 2002

I wholeheartedly agree with the other comments. This film was BRILLIANT! The combination of Anthony Montgomery (Postmaster P), Rashaan Nall (Stray Bullet), and Red Grant (Butch) is stunning! I had no problem believing they were rappers on the brink of making it big. And how great was it to see such a message of positivity? I'll never know why the academy screwed Ice-T out of an Oscar for his performance as Mack Daddy. We shouldn't even mention the magnificent Warwick Davis returning to his role as the Leprechaun. His work was so stunning in this film, I was reduced to tears. In what other movie can you see an evil Leprechaun rap while being surrounded by his green zombie minions? While he was a "Lep in the Hood, come to do no good", this film was far from bad. Okay, I can't do that any more. Want to see a movie so bad you can feel your soul being polluted? Watch Leprechaun in the Hood. If you need a reason to hate yourself, a reason to want to do yourself bodily harm, or a reason to go completely insane with no hope of recovery, watch Leprechaun in the Hood. You'll be a much worse person for it. Believe me.

10 reasons this is the best budget buy ever......

Author: mightypekingman from United Kingdom
16 January 2006

10 reasons you must see this film.

1. You get to see a leprechaun rap. 2. this film contains zombie ho's 3. the actors take themselves seriously 4. Every now and then every one decides to start rapping. 5. every other word is mother f*ck 6. It works on the level of a 'gansta' drama....then you realise there 'homie' was killed by a leprechaun rather than in a drive by. 7. that leprechaun got some major gold. 8. the leprechaun has sex.....with a transvestite. 9. they defeat him by having him smoke a four leaf clover. 10. I like waffles.

If you don't want to see it now then you must be crazy. Its the best movie i ever brought from behind the shelve at a garage.

An important movie

Author: Bill from New Jersey, USA
6 November 2003

***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** It has been said the good movies are merely entertaining, whereas great ones alter the way we think and feel about things. Leprechaun 'N the Hood is a great movie. Writer Doug Hall had a message he wanted to convey, and thankfully he came into contact with a director the caliber of Rob Spera to help him bring it to the masses. Spera was able to relay Hall's vision in a manner that was both entertaining and touching. The reason this film resonates with the audience is due to the characters and how they develop throughout the story. The plot revolves three aspiring rappers and their dreams of fame and fortune as their ambition leads them down a road of pain and despair. As part of their Machiavellian plot for stardom, they are reduced to robbing a famous rap producer and end up stealing a magic flute that guarantees their success in the rap world. At the same time, they also inadvertently awaken the vile leprechaun. Our first impression is that the leprechaun is an abject and detestable creature, and perhaps he is. By the end of the movie however, the viewer can't help being moved to anything but compassion for him. It isn't so much that the leprechaun evolves during the movie, it is more that the viewer evolves as the story progresses. As Leprechaun 'N the Hood unfolds, we come to accept that the deplorable leprechaun resides within all of us. We realize that everyone has a leprechaun within, it is only a matter of how well we contain it and what events could lead it to manifest itself. It the case of Postmaster P., It is his greed and ambition that unleash the Leprechaun, and we all see the horrific results. Unlike trash such as "It's a Wonderful Life" this movie will have a profound effect on viewers because the characters are realistic. They have real faults and weaknesses, and we can truly learn about others and ourselves by understanding them. This is a movie ideal for parents should watch with their children and then discuss afterwards. From the opening scene to the heart wrenching conclusion in which the leprechaun explains his plight in a poignant rap of his own, this movie will change the way you look at yourself and those around you. As the leprechaun explains in his song "I hate to resort so soon to magic, I haven't been la!d in so long it's tragic." Tragic indeed.

I Wants Me Money Back!

Author: Rusty-61 from United States
7 July 2000

OK, it wasn't that bad, I just really wanted to get to use that line for once (my friend who went to see Lep 1 in the theater yelled it out during the movie and got a standing ovation).

My same friend also made a good point about watching the Lep series in general: you know exactly what you're getting up front. It's not like after the movie you're going to say to yourself, surprised, "well, THAT was a total piece of sh--". You can't really be mad at yourself. It's not like going to see, say, Play It To the Bone or 8 Heads in a Duffle Bag where you think you might actually laugh once or twice at something or enjoy the movie at some points, but end up wanting to punch everyone involved in the face (even Joe Pesci). no-one tricked you into it.

Anyway, this one was better than part 4 (In Space), but of course that's not saying much. The best one of the series (I can't believe I'm saying that-I should say "the least painful to sit through" instead) was the one set in Vegas. This one I rented mainly because I heard it was mildly amusing, better than part 4, but mainly I wanted to see Ice-T in a 70's pimp outfit with a big 'fro. I think the whole budget went towards paying his salary and they didn't have much left over for costumes, special effects, sets, etc. Oh well, still beats The Haunting.

This one had at least some entertainment value because it didn't take itself too seriously. A couple of things happened I didn't expect. Of course, couple things also happened that I didn't WANT to happen but had a horrible premonition that they were going to, such as the Leprechaun smoking a blunt and rapping (though not at the same time, Thank God). They were a few times I was surprised to burst out laughing at stuff that I think was supposed to intentionally be funny. There was one particularly funny moment when the heroes are hiding from the Leprechaun that was worth the money I paid to rent it, because it was exactly like a scene from Scooby-Doo (in fact, I think it WAS a scene they stole from Scooby-Doo, but at least they stole from something amusing). I thought at first it was just because I had the flu at the time I watched it and had lots of Nyquil, but then my husband laughed at it too. There's another scene where two characters are having a very serious discussion about how to go after the Lep -- this is after a tragic event occurs, so I figured the movie was going to stop trying to be funny-- and you see that one of them is holding "Leprechauns For Dummies". For some reason (maybe this time it was the Nyquil) that also struck me as pretty amusing.

I bet Spike Lee would be really offended by this movie. For instance, you could easily have a Leprechaun 5: In the Hood Drinking Game with your friends (hey, you could use Nyquil! It's even green) during the movie just by drinking every time a character says, "a'ight", "yo", "homie", or "that sh*t is WACKED, man!". So, while on the negative side, we have the fact that the movie is completely stupid and mindless, with little gore, and really cheap production values, we do have the positives of a few good laughs and the fact that it would pi$$ off Spike Lee. I've seen a lot of horror movies WAY worse and more insulting to viewer's intelligence, so I didn't really want my money back after I rented it.

Actually physically painful to watch...

Author: Mulliga from United States
4 June 2005

This is one of those movies that seems longer than it really is, because it's so horrible. Now, obviously you don't watch "Leprechaun in the Hood" expecting anything more than standard horror-comedy fare: some scares, some gore, some jokes, and some T&A. Low-brow is fine if it's entertaining. The problem, though, is that this movie is never really scary or funny (the racial stereotypes are initially sorta-kinda funny, but quickly become embarrassing - as in, "Why am I still watching this?"), and the movie has no nudity to speak of (a major shortcoming in a flick like this, IMHO).

It's almost as if everyone involved conspired to make the most painfully bad movie in history...and they succeeded. Nothing in this movie ever makes sense. Nothing ever means anything. You hate all the characters on screen, even the villain. The "rap" in this movie is awful; while some might argue it's a parody of gangsta' rap, that still doesn't excuse it from having lame rhymes and a listless delivery.

Some movies are so bad they are good. This ain't one of them.

Ice-T proves he couldn't act if his life depended on it.

Author: Devin (d_e_v_i_n-1)
31 March 2005

The Hood, this is a throughly retarded movie from start to finish. It has bad acting, a incredible stupid story and a stupid STUPID, BAD movie. Heres the Summary:

He's been in the country side, he's been downtown, he's been to Las Vegas, he's even been in space, now that evil Leprechaun is in DA HOOD! Three young rap artists are looking for a break. They need money to buy some music equipment so they can go to Las Vegas and enter a contest. They meet up with a local pimp named Mack Daddy who agrees to "hook them up", but later declines. The rappers want to get even with him so one night they break into Mack's place and steal a lot of his jewelry, gold, and even the medallion off an ugly looking statue. Shouldn't have done that! Because without the medallion, the state transforms into the Leprechaun, who goes on a killing spree once again looking for his missing gold, once again! And the song says it all, "there's nothing' scarier than a Lep' in the hood!"

As bad as you'd expect.

Author: Matt-377 from Charlottesville, VA
15 April 2000

Fifth entry in an extremely tired series is slightly better than its most recent predecessor, but that's not saying much.

This entry concerns the leprechaun "in the hood" after his magical flute, stolen by three wannabe rappers.

Horrorible (yes, I said HORRORIBLE) excuse for a film, an attempt at bringing humor into this tripe falls flat; A nonexistent story, gratuitous gore, terrible jokes/wisecracks, and poor acting (with the exception of a strong performance by the typecast Ice T as a gangster and a typically amusing performance by the equally typecast Davis as the diminutive demon) lowlight (certainly not highlight) this rubbish. The leprechaun attempting to sing a rap song at the end is the nadir.

* out of ****.

Lep' in the Hood, comin' to do no good!!

Author: actionmoviestar from United States
23 August 2004

This is the line that is uttered in the chorus that this pint sized demon leprechaun sings at the end of the movie. I first seen a portion of this movie on October 31, 2000 and it was okay. It wasn't until 2 and 1/3 years later that I ended up seeing the whole thing so I had a better judgement. This movie was okay. I would give it a C+ Some things I had a problem with while watching this movie. For one, if most people would agree, it was too comedic. If this is a horror movie then keep it strictly scary!! This is the same thing that happened to Freddy Krueger. He started out as a dark force, something to be scared of, but by the fourth installment he became a Martin Lawrence for wisecracking boogeymen. Another thing, how are they going to have the preacher cursing? That's when you know that the film really started to get silly. The leprechaun looks like a little pimp instead of this entity of terror. I notice while looking at what genre they listed this movie as, they listed it as "action," "horror," "comedy," and "thriller." This movie does not fit the three of them except for comedy which it is. It has so much comedic elements in it. This movie wasn't bad at all. It was okay. It was much better than Leprechaun in Space. Now that was stupid! Rent Leprechaun in the Hood and watch it on a weekend when you don't feel like going out. It's so funny.

so bad it's... still really bad.

Author: nikole (chicken.lady@juno.com)
18 June 2000

a leprechaun in the hood. a rapper named postmaster p. a baseball bat to the afro. is it destined to become a cult classic? will there be midnight showings? one can only hope. i never thought i'd see a black drag queen have sex with a leprechaun. for that reason alone you should have that movie on your vcr or dvd player RIGHT NOW.

I'm sure there's some plot here somewhere, umm, NOPE

Author: Shavo from Elk River, Minnesota
24 August 2002

Wow, Ice-T has made more bad movies than anyone. (Well, maybe michael madsen) Well, the story of Leprechaun In The Hood is this..._____. Umm, Exactly! The movie was somehow made on the grounds that we are actually supposed to be scared by something thats dressed in a green little suit that kills people with plastic combs. Bad, incredibly bad movie. 0/10

Page 1 of 9:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [Next]