IMDb > Kamilla og tyven II (1989) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Kamilla og tyven II More at IMDbPro »

A sequel that deals with paying your dues, prejudice and clemency. A nice conclusion!

Author: BoxOfficeKid from Norway
22 January 2016

Sebastian is finally released from jail and is persuaded to live with Kamilla and her sister Sofie in the village which has branded him a thief. Sebastian has to earn back his reputation and start putting his life together in a community that initially do not want to deal with a thief. This sequel deals with inevitable and essential questions, such as how will Sebastian fit in a society he is unwanted by? Where do life start after serving time? Once a thief, always a thief? Can the inhabitants look past their prejudice? Do we forgive when a man seeks forgiveness?

Kamilla og Tyven II satisfies in terms of a sequel as it ties all loose ends. It even has a love story arc in it to be even more pleasant. Meanwhile the original had the edge of not having to produce a happy ending, this one has to... It is after all, a children's movie. That is why I hold part I in a bit higher regard than this one. But all in all, a great movie!