EarthBound (1994 Video Game)
- Numerous references to the Beatles (see the entry above)
- References to classic glam rock band T. Rex. One of Ness's weapons is called the T. Rex bat, and one of Jeff's weapons is called the Zip Gun, a reference to their album title Bolan's Zip Gun.
- The Casey Bat is a reference to the classic American folk tale, Casey At The Bat. In the story, the title character struck out. Reflecting the legend, the bat is horribly inaccurate.
- A snake being an enemy early in the game is a reference to the Biblical book of Genesis, in which a snake tempts Adam and Eve.
- A man in Onett gives you a pop quiz: fill in the blank of a Beatles song, "XXXterday". He gives you a yes-or-no answer choice. If you respond "yes," he'll say "That's correct! I'm impressed."
- Various people in Moonside will say "Hello! And... goodbye!", a reference to the song "Hello, Goodbye".
- In the Japanese version, John (for Ness), Paul (for Jeff), George (for Poo), and Ringo (for King the dog) are included as "suggested names" (included by the developers if you don't want to create names yourself).
- Yoko (as in Yoko Ono, the widow of John Lennon) is also a "suggested name" for Paula.
- Additionally, "honey pie" is a suggestion for your favorite food, and "love" is a suggestion for your favorite thing.
- A yellow submarine can be seen inside Dungeon Man.
- One of the Runaway Five members can be heard singing "Money (That's What I Want)" to himself.
- Bits of Beatles melodies are scattered in the game's music. For instance, part of the opening to "All You Need is Love" can be heard in the Cave of the Past, and part of Tessie's song references "Strawberry Fields Forever."