IMDb > Final Fantasy VII (1997) (VG) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Fainaru fantajî VII

Final Fantasy VII (VG) More at IMDbPro »Fainaru fantajî VII (original title)

Page 5 of 12: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [Next]

Final Fantasy 7

Author: Billyx7 from United Kingdom
4 July 2005

The story of Final Fantasy 7 is one of the most important parts of the game. A company called Shinra have built reactors all over the world to drain the planet's energy. The Reactors suck up the energy and transform it into what is called Mako which is like the electricity for the world. Problem is, the planet needs this energy to survive and it is getting weaker and weaker as each reactor drains more of its energy. If Shinra don't stop then it could be fatal for everybody living on the planet. But Shinra don't plan on stopping. All they care about is the money. The people of the world use Mako all the time and Shinra make big cash from it all.

Shinra's headquarters are based in a rundown city called Midgar. Midgar is divided into sectors and each one is basically a slum. In Sector 7 are a group called Avalanche who plan on taking down Shinra to stop them damaging the planet. But it's not just the planet they are after Shinra for. Some of the group members have a history with Shinra that has affected their lives so there's even more reason to stop them. Avalanche's plan is to blow up every reactor that is sucking away the planet's energy.

You start the game taking control of Cloud Strife. He's an ex member of Soldier, the elite military force of Shinra. Cloud has a big history with Shinra too and after he here's about this Avalanche group, he decides to help them. But Cloud is only after money. He's a Mercnary now after his job from soldier and is looking for pay. Your goal is to take out the Reators in Midgar, playing the lead role of Cloud Strife. But things don't go the way Avalanche planned on. After bombing the second Reactor, Cloud is stuck hanging from a ledge after an explosion. The Reactor's bomb goes off and cloud falls far below, away from Avalanche pals, and his childhood friend, Tifa, who joins the group on their mission. Cloud meets a young woman called Aeris on his landing on a bed of flowers in a church. She takes quite a liking to him and just as they were getting to know each other, in walks a Mysterisous man by the name of Reno. Aeris hastily asks for cloud's help in fighting off reno and his soldier troops as they try and capture Aeris. Aeris has her own secrets and is trying to avoid the Shinra.

Cloud gets caught up in Aeris problems and eventually, after finding Avalanche again, they help save Aeris from the Shinra after she is captured. The head over to Shinra HQ and Cloud finds what he didn't want to find. A sword from a very powerful man, who Cloud once knew from Soldier, planted in the back of the Shinra president. This man is Sephiroth. Everyone has heard the tales of him. He used to work in Soldier and was very powerful. He was the highest ranked of all soldier members and everyone wanted to be like him. But Cloud has a past with him and he wants to settle the score. He and his Avalanche team members go in search of Sephiroth..

There is also the very innovative Materia system. I like this very much. Each weapon for your characters will have slots to place little balls called Materia. There are many different types of Materia- Magic, Like cure, Ice, Cure, Fire, Summon, the big monster spells like Ifrit, Shiva, Bahamut, support, these are Materia which give added affects to your spells like All which makes you cure everyone in your team. There are others too and there are loads and loads of different Materia to get throughout the game. Some slots in your weapons are linked and this means you can put in two Materia that will give an added affect in battle such as linking Cure and All. This will enable you to cure all of your team members in battle all at once. At first it can seem a little complicated but it becomes very easy quickly. It can be a tactical affair too as equipping Magic and Summon Materia lowers your HP but increases you MP. They also raise and lower other stats such as Strength and Spirit.

You know, when I first played FF7 when I was a young lad and I had only just gotten out of the first city, Migar, I couldn't believe how big the game was. To think I'd just gone through hours of game playing and I had only just exited the first city of the game, and then I enter the world map! In that sense, this game is huge. The world map is so big. You won't realise how big it is until you actually reach the outside of Midgar for the first time.

You guide Cloud's team through the world in search of Sephiroth, visiting many different areas such as towns, run down villages, harbours and caves. Not long after you reach the world map, you will come across the Chocobo ranch. Chocobos are chicken-like birds which you can ride on. You can actually go out and catch your own wild Chocobo and raise it to take part in the Chocobo racing tournaments, in a spectacular amusement park called the Gold Saucer.

The story will keep you glued to playing it through from start to finish and even after you beat it, there are absolutely tons of extras to do. It really is quite extraordinary how huge this game is. You'll become attached to the characters and will want to see the game through to its end to see what will happen to the characters, the story and the planet.

Has to be the Best Final Fantasy ever!

Author: Kia Lockheart from Scotland
18 June 2005

I don't think there is a single person who has played Final Fantasy VII only once. Though the story is straight forward enough to keep you informed there are many extras to play while playing the game. Also it's a touching game as one of the main character dies. As the game makes you the gamer feel involved in this, you can't help but feel angry at this and it makes you determind to go and beat up the bad guys for revenge. (Revenge is sweet!) This game makes you feel involved which most Final Fantasy fail to do. Also, there are some really cool characters (as well as some very strange characters) that you just have to love. Even the bad guys rocks!

the greatness

Author: aphhalliday from United Kingdom
19 March 2005

It's a really good game with an interesting stories i've read in the official PS2 magazine there will be a remake sometime after Dirge of Cerberus comes out.

if you like RPGs, a fan of the Final Fantasy Series or both this is definitely a recommended game a satisfactory difficulty level a fair amount of side quests for hidden characters such as Vincent Valentine it has two optional bosses that are near impossible to beat and they are the hardest bosses i have ever faced.

The materia growth can be a pain early in the game but once you get far you'll find it easy especially Summons like Knights of the Round the side quests are fun but surprisingly difficult, there are also minigames that can be addictive

it may seem to be a spin off of Final Fantasy VI but it is good whether it is or not

do not listen to rumours spread by fan boys/fan girls they say things like "aeris can be revived" it's just not funny anymore

the game can last about 30-120 hours worth of game play which is quite good

Fantastic

Author: Alexander Whiteside from Edinburgh, Scotland
2 November 2003

FF7 is epic in narrative and emotional scope, and is supported by a tightly-constructed magic system and distinctively capable characters. By moving on from the "jobs" system of previous FF games, it was able to stake new ground for the series. Few games have as varied a pace, and a distinctive sense of atmosphere. The soundtrack is truly incredible, with a unique style and emotional resonance. And the visuals? They manage to combine the functionality of the previous FF games with a whole new level of splendour and variety.

An absolutely unmissable game, although those determined to blast through will find themselves held back by the narrative, which is arguably the focus.

An unforgettable experience!!! (May contain spoilers)

Author: Ashton Francis from Saskatoon, Sk
19 February 2001

There may be some people on here dissing Final Fantasy 7 and comparing it to other game's in the series, and since I've played at least half of the FF games, I can be one of the people on here who feels that FFVII is the best in the series, and the best videogame ever. FF7 manages to capture the player into such a moving story with an excellent plot, that it is no longer a game, it's an experience! I haven't played the game for at least a year, and I can remember all sorts of things about it. I mean, my favourite part of the game was the final encounter with the unforgettable villain, and hearing "One Winged Angel" in the background made it so much better. I could keep talking about the game, but I really like reading what other people have to say about it, so if you haven't played the game yet, do so, and it will truly change the way you look at the video-gaming industry, and the entertainment industry as well.

IF you haven't played this yet, stop reading and play it.

Author: JSquared1 from Apple Valley, MN
23 January 2001

I don't even know where to begin here. This game is incredible. Released on September 7, 1997 (9-7-97), Final Fantasy VII was ahead of it's time on PlayStation. Nobody had seen anything like this before. I popped in the first disc and never looked back. While the beautiful graphics are what you will notice right from the start, its the engrossing, epic, emotional story that will keep you hooked. The cast of characters are unforgettable, and Sephiroth is a villian that belongs with the best. You owe it to yourself to play this game. Buy it now.

You will live in another world with this game!!

Author: n3aal from Tucson
3 December 2000

This is my best video game. Final Fantasy VII started the RPG world. It is the game all other gaming companies are trying to reach in it's greatness. This game made the world open to this genre of games. It puts you in a world where you can use many kinds of magic and summon monsters. It is truly a world of fantasy. Do not miss this game if you hadn't played it yet.

A Timeless classic

Author: Jakub Michalik (rockhound@seznam.cz) from Czech republic
29 November 2000

The seventh installation of the Final Fantasy franchise was actually the first one I´ve ever seen or played, and Im absolutely sure that this one is (and will forever be)"not only" the best FF ever, but also the best among all the games. I couldnt believe my eyes, nor my ears.....FFVII has by far the best story (along with the Squaresoft´s trademark storytelling). I could write a whole novel about the greatness of this game, but I think Id do better if I played the game again instead. And I recommend you to do the same thing !!!

Super!

Author: Anonymos from Japan
18 September 2000

This game is GREAT! I beat it five times and still am not tired of it! I think everyone should get this game(Only my opinion) But it is better than any other game I've played for a long time! I have 6 of the FF collection and so far 1 2 3 5 7 8 are GREAT the greatest series of games EVER made!

Trapped in a game of epic proportions...

Author: RiotChld from Mississippi, USA
15 May 2000

From the picture perfect shot of Midgar to the graphically stupendous final battle, the twisted storylines and even more twisted characters of FFVII will make you forget about all of the small things like sleep, food, school, your girlfriend, etc.

While the music is not as good as Final Fantasy VI (but it beats the crap out of Final Fantasy VIII's), the depth of the characters goes way beyond any movie or any other Final Fantasy. Mainly because in the other Final Fantasies, the character's purpose is given to you at the beginning. It's sporadic in FFVII and you truly won't know until you've passed it.

I must admit, one cannot help but to like some of the bad guys. The Turks to me were the comic relief (hilarious) and characters like Hojo (who's story will make you understand that there are some supportave "baby daddies" out there), the lovely Scarlett, and the contagious laugh of Heidegger will sort of anger you when and if they're finally defeated.

And Sephiroth...words cannot convey the design and darkness of this character. He is very different from X-Death (FFV), Kefka (FFVI), and Ultimecia (FFVIII) because in a sense you can understand why he's doing what he's doing (he isn't doing the overly cliched "Ruling the World"). Whereas every other villain wants to be feared like God, Sephiroth wants to BE God.

The magic system if FFVII was a bit bothersome. I wished every game had stuck to the "Esper" system of FFVI. The materias were getting confusing, but it was better than the magic system of Final Fantasy VIII, so I guess I can't complain about that.

If you don't own or haven't played Final Fantasy VII, you need to see to it that your mother is firmly punished for dropping you on your head when you were a child.

Page 5 of 12: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [Next]