IMDb > Final Fantasy VII (1997) (VG) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Fainaru fantajî VII

Final Fantasy VII (VG) More at IMDbPro »Fainaru fantajî VII (original title)

Page 1 of 12:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]

So much more...

Author: hybridlock (hybridlock@aol.com)
29 May 2001

It has its detractors, mainly those who refuse to like anything of popularity or prefer to let nostalgia cloud their judgement. They will point to the previous titles in the series as the true pinnacle of storytelling and gameplay. I find this to be an entirely elitist viewpoint by people who got everything they ever hoped for, the popularity of their favorite game type, and found it to be more fun to have lived in a private "Clique".

Before this game the RPG was an unheard of genre to play yet today it is RPGs such as Diablo II and Chrono Cross which top off the charts. All of that has happened because of this game. It was the title that introduced deep, adult story lines to the American Public in a package complete with awe inspiring graphics and moving gameplay. It was the game that sold the Playstation.

A few will say that story was too twisted for its own good and lacking clarity, especially in the ending. These are the same people who will tell you that they don't like the open ending of Casablanca because we don't get a text display of what happened to each character afterward. Perhaps it is time we learn to appreciate the ability to decide fate for yourself or at least have the ability to question them.

What started as a simple rebellion turned into so much more and what started as a simple video game turned into a Every now and again a game comes along that shapes the way we see the genre in which it rests but this isn't one of them. Every now and again a game comes along that shapes the way we play the genre in which it rests but this isn't one of them. Final Fantasy VII is so much more then that, it is a game that has completely changed the way we look at all video games as a whole.

What started as a simple rebellion turned into so much more and what started as a simple video game turned into an epic. It is one of finding who you are and defeating the impossible odds, one of love and loss. Final Fantasy VII is the War and Peace of video games, the game you simply have to play once in your lifetime. n epic. It is one of finding who you are and defeating the impossible odds, one of love and loss. Final Fantasy VII is the War and Peace of video games, the game you simply have to play once in your lifetime.

Pure Angelic Magnificence!

Author: watto124 from Savannah
5 August 2000

Final Fantasy VII is the best game ever made and puts everything else to shame. It tells a wonderfully engrossing story that keeps you guessing and surprised. The battle system and "Materia" system is ingenious and is not for the impatient or non-experienced video gamer. The challenge in the concept of this marvel is simply beyond the beyond. Extra quests and activities prove this game has depth. The music is fantastic! It keeps the flow of the emotion in the story move in a centrepetal, dramatic pace. The fact that this game lasts 100 hrs. makes all the better excuse for you to experience two or three times to go back and get things you missed. The game has an enigmatic way of of making you addicted to it forever............ in your heart

Perfection!

Author: action-6 from Froland, Norway
30 January 2000

Final Fantasy VII is one of the best games ever made, and sold millions when it was released back in 1997. The game looks amazing, but it is the story that is the core of the Final Fantasy series. Cloud Strife is the main-character, he is a mercenary who has agreed to work for a rebel group called AVALANCHE. AVALANCHE is fighting against the evil Shinra-inc., a company which is absorbing all energy on the planet. Cloud meets different characters as the game evolves. FF7 was the biggest games of all time when it was released, because the game comes on 3 massive CD`s packed with action, adventure, romance, love, comedy, fantasy, drama, horror etc. 10/10

Wonderful Plot, Awesome Music, Breathtaking Environments...

Author: DarkAnima from Houston, Texas
2 December 2002

If you like RPGs...no...if you like video games AT ALL, and haven't played this game, then get off this computer NOW and go find a copy. You won't regret it.

Final Fantasy 7 is the game that brought RPGs to the mainstream US market. It's amazing graphics(at the time) were enough to warrant a rental, it's music and atmosphere enough to immerse you(even with today's graphics), and one of the most intricate and marvelous plots to ever grace game, movie, or anything of the sort.

The game sets you in the role of Cloud Strife, an ex-Shinra soldier and now a mercenary, who is hired by a small 'terrorist' group(this was made in 1997, mind you...) called "AVALANCHE" to aid them in their fight against the evil corporate menace Shinra, that is slowly destroying the Planet, polluting it's own cities(you quickly find out how horrible life is for the poor in the Midgar slums), stretching its dominance, and that will someday kill the Planet with its greed...their Mako Reactors are slowly but surely destroying the Planet, and AVALANCHE will NOT let them continue their actions. But what first starts with a string of reactor bombings, soon evolves into a much, much bigger tale, as you learn the dirty secrets of the company, and of the terror that overshadows even Shinra in terms of the destruction it will cause...

This game is often hailed as the best game ever made, and I fully support that. A must-play for all gamers.

To all who can't recognize greatness when it stares them in the face...

Author: Sligh from United States
23 August 2003

This game was the first of its kind I ever played. Because of this one game, I went on to dozens of others, as this opened the door to a whole new spin on gaming for me. I must have played through this game at least 15 times, and I love it every time.

It's many subtleties, side quests, and overall excellence make this one of the best games of all time.

Considering all the trash, the useless dribble, the terrible recycled garbage that is commonplace today, Final Fantasy VII is a pillar of gaming at its very best.

Its great diversity offers a difficulty level appropriate for as much as you are set on putting into it- whether you're just set on seeing the ending, or destroying the Ruby Weapon.

Those who so harshly criticize this game obviously lack the attention to detail, and the insight to truly enjoy a work such as this. FFVII towers over almost every CURRENT game available today.

This game is not meant to be played, it is meant to be enjoyed.

I highly recommend immersing yourself in this adventure Role Playing Game. 11 // 10 --- One of the greatest games of all time.

An Incredible Game

Author: Dragon-36 from Arizona
5 January 2000

This has to be one of the best games I have ever seen- challenged only by Final Fantasy VIII. The story is great, the battles are amazing, the animation is wonderful, and the music (by Nobuo Uematsu) is awe-inspiring. If you can, listen to the orchestral version. But I regularly laughed at people who spent hours and hours playing these games until I started. After just half an hour, I was hooked. I spent over 100 hours across a five month period playing it. Truly addictive.

A Work of Art

Author: dylankielman from United States
12 December 2005

When Final Fantasy VII came out in 1997 it did not only give the gaming world a magnificent game full of lush graphics, amazing music, a near perfect plot, and some of the greatest characters ever to be conceived in any form of entertainment, it gave them one of the most fantastic, spellbinding, and magnificent games ever made!

At the beginning of the Game you play as Cloud Strifer a mercenary for a group named Avalanche. From the outset it seems that this just going to be another linear RPG that you'd be seeing in the bargain bin in a couple of weeks. But thats where you would be wrong. About 1 to 2 hours of the way in you be introduced to Sephiroth who, in my opinion is THE greatest villain in any form of movies, literature, etc.

"DON"T READ ON IF YOU HVEN'T PLAYED FFVII"

But the one event of this game that makes it so famous in my opinion is the death of Areis, that scene alone is probably one of few events in entertainment where I was on the brink of weeping, to me that scene will always be remembered as the greatest scene in video game history.

I will end this review with somewhat of rant, you know how on the news these days you hear politics like Joe Liberman and Jack Thompson saying that "video games are destroying our youth" and "video games are the sign of evil" apparently these kind of people never sat down even for a minute to play this game. Or have they listened to 'One Winged Angel' certainly not! If they would, then I think they would have a different view of video games as being a work of art like this game.

Overall this is a must play game, even if don't know how to play games you should give this game a try.

10/10 I'd even give it a 1000000/10 if I could

The most beautiful game ever!

Author: Samuel Sandboge from Göteborg, Sweden
8 December 1999

This game is, without question, the greatest one ever produced. With lush, beautiful graphics, a wonderful musical score and a story that beats all other RPGs, Final Fantasy VII certainly is a landmark in gaming history. You play the young mercenary Cloud Strife, who suffers from anamnesia, with a past shrouded in mystery. In the course of the game you gather weapons, magical artifacts and information in the search for the truth of who and what you are.

This game is recommended to everyone, as it is not only a game for hardcore RPGers but for everyone.

I have yet to play the sequel, Final Fantasy VIII, but I doubt it can surpass the splendor of this magnificent game!

Aargh! My house is on fire!

Author: Reaper Man (farren64@hotmail.com) from Cambridge, England
7 November 2000

I didn't buy this game when it came out in Britain, but my friend did. And I'll tell you what, not a day went by when I wasn't jealous. It had rocktastic (sorry) MIDI music, brilliant turn-based battle sequences, and from what I could see, a darn good plot. Well, time wandered by, and eventually he let me borrow the game. And i can safely say I wasn't disappointed. A cracking plot, a novel format (for this country at least) and mighty good characters. you'll get all these hardcore fans saying "it's not the best in the series." But I haven't played the others, so I don't care. A brilliant game in it's own right, and still rollocking good fun all these years later. Huzzah!

Brief Overview

Author: Tommi Wokkers (Phresh_Sephiroth@Hotmail.com) from London, England
3 July 2002

Final Fantasy is the best in the series and one of the best games ever. With brilliant characters and a breathtaking story you take on the role of Cloud an Ex-Mercenary caught up in the fight to save the planet.

Final Fantasy VII is an example of what all RPG's should be and will be celebrated in the future as one of the all time classics.

Page 1 of 12:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]