IMDb > "Jack & Jill" (1999) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Jack & Jill"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"Jack & Jill" More at IMDbPro »

A feel good, happy show that puts me in a good mood.

Author: (michela@orbit.net.mt) from Malta
18 October 2003

I absolutely LOVE this show. I only stumbled upon it about a month ago and I must have watched about 20 episodes or more because it is on every day here in Malta. I enjoy all the cast. I identify with alot of the script especially with Sara Poulson's. I find I have alot in common with Jack (especially the way she likes to be in control). I find the script very touching and true to life alot of the time. There was one particular episode where I actually found myself writing some of the script down because of how astute the 'moral of the story' was.

Jack and Jill make a really cute couple. (Ivan Sergei is totally cute and knows it of course!) The whole New York way of life just really gives me good all over feeling and puts me on a high ... doing the laundry on the weekends, hanging out with the gals, flat sharing ...there's a happiness about it that is contagious and makes me smile.

When I switched on the TV yesterday and noticed it was not showing I was positively upset - It felt like a big part of my day was missing. I would really look forward to drving home from work knowing I was going to watch it. I know it sounds quite pathetic but I truly had grown accustomed to the show and would get all ready for it, cup of tea in hand at 8pm everyday. I hope the scriptwriter comes up many more shows - at least another season's worth. There's lots more that could be said and done yet...

60 good minutes

Author: jerry_seinfeld from Lisbon
6 October 2000

The other day I saw this new TV show. I didn´t find it a great show but when we start seeing it we can´t stop. I know, i know it´s a bit similar to a bunch of other romantic TV shows, but I think this one is much better: the actors have some kind of chemistry and the scenery looks so familiar, i just can´t help waching it. I recommend Jack & Jill for those who like a good light romantic comedy.

Jack & Jill is a great new show about a man and a woman in New York and their friends. I hope it continues for seasons to come.

Author: Rachel
26 September 1999

I was sitting in front of my TV on Sunday night watching Felicity, and I see that this new show is on after it. So, I think, "I don't want to watch another of these new romance shows," so of course I watched anyway. I start watching the show, and I realize that all the scenery looks familiar. If you watch carefully, the church is from 7th Heaven, the bar looks like it's from Felicity, a lot of the outside buildings look like they're from Friends! So, besides that Jack & Jill is a really interesting show. I'd like to keep watching to see what happens!

A very romantic Tv show!

Author: nmf-2 (nmf@netcentro.com.br) from Brazil
5 August 2000

One of the best tv shows i ever saw. Is so much romantic and with very good new actors. Amanda Peet, Sarah Paulson and Jaime Pressly are very beautiful and excellent actresses. The guys are good actors too, but i only think the girls beautiful(hehe). I'm very happy because will be a second season and i'm waiting the time pass for start soon.

cute, interesting show

Author: Rebecca from Tennessee
13 October 1999

I know lots of people will think that this show is like Felicity only the characters are in their twenties. That is a tad true, but the chemistry between Ivan Sergei and Amanda Peet is so combustible, I just have to see the show to see how they act! I really enjoy this show when there is usually nothing on Sunday nights. I also love Felicity, so its a good couple! I hope this show gets the viewers and support it needs and stays on the air, not ending up like Hyperion Bay. Whatever ever happened to the characters on that show? After the first show, I totally lost interest in HB, unlike my reaction to J&J. AND Simon Rex... was the original reason I tuned into it in the first place! HE IS SOOOOOOOOO GORGEOUS!!!!!!! these eyes..... oh boy! :)

I LOVE IT!

Author: Devers from Singapore
20 January 2001

This is one of the SWEETEST shows I've ever seen in a really long while! Our local tv station just started airing Jack & Jill a couple of weeks ago and when I caught the trailer one afternoon, I was thinking to myself, "I MUST watch this one". I have to admit that initially, that decision was spurred by the sight of Ivan Sergei (whom I found familiar but I couldn't place him till I read bout him being in Once A Thief). I'm sure a lot of folks out there agree with me when I say he's extremely cute!?!! ARGH! That cleft chin! That crooked grin! Man, it just drives me straight over the edge hehehe. But because the show is aired every Saturday night at 11pm (yes I know - not exactly the best time, plus the fact that I'm not that much of a tv watcher in the first place) I missed out on the first few episodes. So finally I was home alone one boring Saturday night, channel-surfing and I chanced upon Jack & Jill and this might sound a lil cliche but I've been hooked ever since! I just COULDN'T stop laughing cuz it was so funny! Seeing Jack with that beaten-up-puppy look on his face - AHHHHHHHHHH! HE'S SIMPLY ADORABLE! I mean yes, the storylines can get a tad predictable but there's just SUCH a vibe between the 2 leads and nobody ever gets tired of watching lovey dovey shows like these, do they? Romantic comedies rule! I'm SO glad to hear that it's gone on to a second season over in the States and I certainly hope the local tv station will continue to air the show in the future. I'm telling you - it's definitely worth staying at home for on a Saturday night!

Favorite Show

Author: principessa (cicel13@aol.com) from New York, USA
5 December 1999

I wasn't really excited when I heard the wb had a new show. I wasn't even planning on watching it. I don't remember why I watched it but I did and I loved it. I've watched every episode of Jack & Jill and I am totally hooked. I get so frustrated when Jack and Jill are so close to getting together but they don't. I am always so excited for it to come on next week. It is an awesome show and I love it. I will be crushed if it ever comes off the air.

just brilliant!

Author: moniq152 from Spain
26 October 2011

From the very first time I watched this sitcom I just got hooked on it! It just so true to live, isn't it? and all the characters act wonderfully. Last day I remembered watching this series and start to search on the internet to see if I could watch it again. I found 1 to 13 episodes on you tube but was very upset to see that there were not any more...could someone tell me where to watch or buy this series TV, please??? I'd really would love to watch the end of season 1 and season 2, of course. It seems to me impossible to find a place to buy it or to watch the rest of the episodes. thanks I wish they made more seasons on Jack and Jill! best series forever!

This is the BEST show ever!!! I LOVE IT!!!

Author: spring_flower28 (spring_flower28@yahoo.com) from Long Beach, CA
18 April 2001

I have seen many shows, from 90210 to Saved by the Bell, to Melrose Place, etc. But unlike any of those shows, this is the one show that has really caught my interest. This show is not only romantic and funny, but so cute & interesting and makes you believe in FAITH. For those romantics out there, this is the one show you don't want to miss. Just by the title of it you can expect that both Jack & Jill will end up together, but if you started seeing this show since day one, you know that it wasn't that easy. First of all, when it first started, they were both in love with someone else, and then, thanks to the help of faith, they ended up together but by conquering various obstacles. I have seen this show since the beginning, and I still can't get enough of it. I wish they could show it like Friends, every single day, but by showing it every Wed., it just keeps you guessing & waiting for the next episode. This is the one show that I even leave work early for, since day one, I have never missed an episode. I am still waiting to see if Elisa stays with Mikey. Its a great show & I just hope that it never goes off the air. I want Jack & Jill for more years to come.

This is a Great Light Romance Show

Author: AeroJeen from United States
18 February 2000

I'm not a TV watcher, but this show has captivated me! The actors are all very beautiful people, which, while fine to look at, is not terribly realistic. However, the leads are pretty enough that realism just doesn't matter! The story pulls you in each week and gives you just enough to leave you pining for more! The writers of this one know what they're doing...I'm just hoping it doesn't get cancelled!