IMDb > Here's to Life! (2000) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Here's to Life! More at IMDbPro »

A very NICE movie - well done and fun. Great for seniors.

Author: denis.corbett from Victoria Canada - film location
8 February 2002

If you've been looking for a movie for Mum & Dad, here it is. The theatre audience was 75% seniors and they totally enjoyed it. Great scenic shots of Victoria also.

The moral of this movie is giving is better than getting.

Author: CloudyRosso from Canada
1 December 2007

While this movie may be aimed at a senior audience, I think its a movie the whole family can enjoy. There are some language cautions, esp. for young children. I watched it on Canadian cable channel on a Saturday night.

It is a charming movie. In a way its a breakout movie - trying to grasp the essence of life before its too late. However, the moral of this story is that giving is better than getting. I found the performances by the late Kim Hunter to be great. James Whitmore is a compassionate man, but who is angry for being archived. He is the nucleus of the movie. I didn't even catch on until a quarter way through the movie that Eric McCormack was playing the nervous, blackmailed Owen. While he is the leverage that gets the show moving toward its plot, and then becomes the focus, he does it so well as to not overshadow the rest of the characters with his Will & Grace starlight. Ossie Davis is Ossie Davis. What is there not to like about Duncan Cox (or for any character the late Mr. Davis ever played)? Plainly, this is a good movie acted out by some great actors.

Quiet and family friendly.

Author: from Canada
19 May 2011

Watched the film being made (worked across the lane from the 'institute' it was filmed at and down the street from the guest house'). Great family movie with a great cast of actors from our parents generation. Waited for 11 years to get a copy of this film and I will make sure my 20 something kids get a copy. With any luck we will all get to the stage in life the characters get to. Well made without pulling the 'heart strings' too much. Locations shots are realistic and the scenery is fantastic. This class of movie is sadly fading from the screen but it does have its audience. I dedicate this to Uncle Walter who live at the 'instituete' for 20 years until being reintroduced to the community.