IMDb > The Last Big Attraction (1999) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

The Last Big Attraction More at IMDbPro »

Rebel in a campy theme park must save what he thinks he hates.

Author: Michael A Levine from Venice, CA
30 March 2002

It's been three years since I saw LBA, but I still remember it as brilliant. Hopwood Depree wrote, directed and starred in this film with virtuosic, low-budget charm. He's a major talent and I'm a little surprised the world hasn't found him yet.

Richard Speight, Jr. nearly steals the show as his sidekick. He has been quite visible on TV commercials, lately as the protagonist in a series of Fed Ex spots in which he portrays an office worker who saves the day after an improbable comic disaster.

Comedic GENIUS!!!!

Author: lite-4 from LA, CA
18 November 1999

I LOVED this film. It was hilarious! During several parts of the movie, I was laughing so hard I was crying. Plus, it had a great story line with a message. I thought the acting was superb, all of the actors did a great job of making the characters easy to relate to and real. Hopwood DePree does an outstanding job as Leed and portraying the problems a person faces in coming of age. Christine Elise does an excellent job and is very humorous in her role as Chrissy. Victoria Hass is very convincing and lovable in her performance as Winnie. Richard Speight, Jr. is hysterical as Christopher. In addition, the photography is well done and the editing is fantastic and quick. It adds to the surprise and humor of the movie. The Last Big Attraction also has a great sound track. I HIGHLY recommend seeing it.