IMDb > In Pursuit (2000) (V) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

In Pursuit (V) More at IMDbPro »

Total waste of time

Author: gridoon
5 August 2007

Oh man, what a ripoff! I rented this movie basically to see Claudia Schiffer. She has no more than 15 minutes of screen time in total, and don't expect to see her in anything racier than a bikini. She isn't exactly a convincing actress, but at least her primary profession is a model - what's Daniel Baldwin's excuse? At one point he breaks into tears and it's one of the most unconvincing sobbing scenes I've ever seen! Oh, and did I mention that Coolio plays a prison guard?! The only decent acting comes from Sarah Lassez and Kim Rhodes. The movie is filled with laughable situations (from the sex scene in the PRISON cell against a LADDER to the escape to the breaking into apartments to a bullet in the gut having almost no effect to....) and twists ("He's my father!") that would shame a soap opera. The script looks as if it was written by a kid: anything can happen and nobody has to worry about logic. There is one neat directing trick - moving from a postcard to the beach it portrays - but otherwise "In Pursuit" is a total waste of time. (*)

all too plain

Author: dima-14 from Helsinki, Finland
21 October 2002

while watching this "movie" on telly (well hey who doesn't wanna see a few seconds of claudia schiffer), I realised that:

a) there are no emotions in the movie. if there were, they were so badly made/directed or whatever that you just can't see any. In a sense it looks like something by david lynch - a generally confused man, generally confused viewers, sex here and there, and generally confused male dreams. or something.

b) Claudia Schiffer needs to work on her pronounounounciation (*giggle*), and sound post-editing could be better.

However on the positive side, the movie is not just a flick to show 1,5 hours of claudia schiffer in all possible fancy dresses smiling all over the camera or alike, it seems they actually tried to make a movie (wow), even with a plot (amazing), even with a tiny little twist (this is just unbelievable).

Boring movie with boring prejudiced characters.

Author: santiels from San Diego, California
3 February 2001

The movie is boring. It really never rises to heart-pounding action. Claudia Schiffer doesn't act and looks not beautiful with those protruding teeth. Daniel Baldwin plays a Latino (Enrique Alvarez) with an inferiority complex who is ashamed of his ancestors (the dull scriptwriter has the character say "I hate that s***ty country...with its s***ty people...s***ty language" and so on in reference to Mexico, Mexicans and Spanish). I saw the movie because my brother rented it and because Fritz Lang once said that he always saw a bad movie till the very end to learn what he should avoid doing. I followed suit. Otherwise, this badly written movie is a waste of time and money.

the only thing worse than watching this...

Author: noahhuber from vienna, austria
2 January 2007

is watching it dubbed in German. if the paltry acting, absolutely horrific flash backs, and mind blowing script weren't bad enough...try watching it in German. the Baldwin's might be the worst acting family in the history of Hollywood. i couldn't stop watching it however. rubber necking at a train wreck like this made my evening (it came on at 2am). my question is how did they get any of these "big" names to agree to such trash. do their agents not pre-read scripts? did the other names seal the deal? if i were anyone involved with this, i would fire my agent immediately. (BIT OF A SPOILER-----STOP READING)when coolio gets a postcard during the closing credits of a film from daniel baldwin saying: he always checks on his friends..can anyone take this seriously? watch this and have a good belly laugh!

A crap made for television

Author: Michal from Poland
25 February 2009

I hoped that the thriller with Claudia and Daniel will be watchable. Unfortunately, it was not... Why?

The story is tedious, dull and naive. We seen it several times in other movies and it was much better. Here we have a lot of nonsense scenes, stupid twists and no action at all. The sex scene on the ladder in the prison is pathetic, and dialogues are not convicting.

The acting was weak. Daniel crying on the screen is something you won't forget - it was so strange and so unrealistic that I was shocked... Claudia didn't deliver a good performance too.

The music? Not to interesting. The scenery? Average, just like in a cheap TV movie... Today's TV series are much more entertaining!