Set in a future where a failed climate-change experiment kills all life on the planet except for a lucky few who boarded the Snowpiercer, a train that travels around the globe, where a class system emerges.
Astronaut Sam Bell has a quintessentially personal encounter toward the end of his three-year stint on the Moon, where he, working alongside his computer, GERTY, sends back to Earth parcels of a resource that has helped diminish our planet's power problems.
Following clues to the origin of mankind a team journey across the universe and find a structure on a distant moon containing a monolithic statue of a humanoid head and stone cylinders of alien blood but they soon find they are not alone.
Neo and the rebel leaders estimate that they have 72 hours until 250,000 probes discover Zion and destroy it and its inhabitants. During this, Neo must decide how he can save Trinity from a dark fate in his dreams.
The world's youngest citizen has just died at 18, and humankind is facing the likelihood of its own extinction. Set in and around a dystopian London fractious with violence and warring nationalistic sects, Children of Men follows the unexpected discovery of a lone pregnant woman and the desperate journey to deliver her to safety and restore faith for a future beyond those presently on Earth. Written by
It is known according to Islamic literature that the prophet Muhammad ascended to Heaven on a white horse-like creature named Buraq. In long fighting scene is seen a white horse during the Islamic rally See more »
Just before Theo enters the blown-out apartment building in Bexhill while searching for Kee, there is a London Underground (subway) sign visible. See more »
Day 1,000 of the Siege of Seattle.
The Muslim community demands an end to the Army's occupation of mosques.
The Homeland Security bill is ratified. After eight years, British borders will remain closed. The deportation of illegal immigrants will continue. Good morning. Our lead story.
See more »
At the very end, one can read "Shantih, Shantih, Shantih" with children shouting and laughing on the soundtrack, which can be heard repeatedly throughout the end credits. This is the last line of T.S. Eliot's 1922 poem "The Wasteland." "Shantih" means "peace" in Hindi. See more »
Elizabethan Serenade (Where the Gentle Avon Flows)
Written by Ronald Binge
Performed by Ron Goodwin & His Orchestra
Published by Chappell Recorded Music Library Ltd
Licensed courtesy of EMI Records Ltd. See more »
OK, I only got through the first 3 pages of comments but let me add my own.
1) Fantastic cinematography. Some like hand-held, some don't. It certainly worked very well here.
2) Related to (1), very long shots. There is one scene where the camera lens has blood splats on it for quite a few minutes. Hollywood would get rid of it, but for this movie it adds amazingly to the atmosphere that is being created.
3) Like "Code46" the technology is in the background. Just the way it should be, allowing us to focus on the story.
4) Theo as the central character NEVER picks up a gun, despite them being all over the place and easily available. As a viewer you are almost willing him to do so, to manage some of his challenges - but very deliberately the character does not.
5) I've read separately that yes this is a comment on current society. Being an Australian, with our controversial immigration laws and practices, that rings true.
6) Similar to (5), using the term "Homeland Security" in the movie is an obvious reference.
7) The revolutionaries/terrorists/fishes are shown to be just as political and militant as the government they oppose.
There are more, but that is enough. Overall a wonderful movie which leaves me thinking for a long time, which is all I ask.
589 of 850 people found this review helpful.
Was this review helpful to you?