IMDb > "Even Stevens" (2000) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Even Stevens"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratings

"Even Stevens" More at IMDbPro »

Page 1 of 8:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [Next]

One of the funniest shows ever made

Author: mr_whud from Lawrence Junior High
9 January 2004

Even Stevens is one of my top 10 shows of all time. The characters are great. A lot of people don't like Beans, but I think he can be hilarious. The supporting cast is excellent, but the show belongs to Shia. He's a superb actor (everyone on the show is, in my opinion). The writing is witty, clever, and original, and some episodes literally have me laughing for over half an hour (and most shows are unable to elicit more than a chuckle from me). It's too bad there's a 65-episode limit, 'cause I'd definitely like to see some new episodes (although most of 'em I haven't seen). Anyway, if you have Disney Channel, give it a try. You'll probably enjoy it.

I can't stop laughing!

Author: Mandy (ggdollzfanatic) from Brookings, OR
10 December 2003

I can't stop laughing during this show! watching Even Stevens is the most hilarious 30 minutes of my day. Shia and A.J. make the show fun for the girls to watch. In an extreme sense, it allows an insight to the inner workings of the teenage boys' mind. Christy Carlson-Romano adds a fun flair as well, because her character Ren often foils the boys' plans. Her love life is often a mess, and Louis seems to sense that. He initially seeks to rub more salt in the wound, but ends up consoling Ren in the end. He has a huge heart, that is often misunderstood until the very end of the episode, and we are left loving Louis (until the next time).

A most excellent show indeed

Author: Jerry Ables from Tennessee
21 January 2003

I find the time I spend watching this show to be time very well spent because it's such a funny and delightful show. The entire cast of the show is terrific playing characters that I think everyone can relate to and care about and every episode is richly filled with great laughs. I would personally recommend this show to people of all ages.

This is the funniest show by Disney yet.

Author: cheerio388 from Dallas, Texas
20 November 2000

I think Even Stevens is the funniest show by Disney yet. When I first saw previews for Even Stevens before it aired I thought it was going to be a lame Disney show. I am sixteen years old, and I watch the Disney Channel as odd as it is. I usually watch shows like The Jersey, The Famous Jett Jackson, and In A Heartbeat. Even Stevens is so hilarious. Anyone who watches the show will have to laugh at least once. Ren is the perfect daughter, bright and talented. Louis is the comedian in the family. These two actors bring comedy to the show, and they show exactly how living with a sibling is.

Top Notch

Author: willow_chick88 from Ohio
15 May 2002

Let's face it the Disney Channel has never been a place for high quality TV that enlightens as well as entertains, the exception being "Avonlea". Still, the show "Even Stevens" is one of the best shows on the network. The family dynamics really make the show work. Whether, it's the antagonistic relationship of Ren and Louis or the nurturing one between Eileen and Ren. However, when the show shifts to the school things become a lot less realistic and harder to swallow. No principal would play favorites with his/her students! No cafeteria serves food that completely gross, and I'm only 19 so I do remember what cafeteria food looks like. Still, the home life makes the school life easier to take. The actors are wonderful and I wouldn't be surprised to see Shia LaBoeuf in the movies, actual movies not the Disney Channel ones, and becoming very famous.

Underrated

Author: Laura from CA
22 April 2003

Dude this show is hilarious! No one gives it enough credit! This and Lizzie McGuire are Disney's best work. The characters are perfect. I love Christy Carlson Ramono because she totally makes you think shes Miss Perfect with all A's and captain of cheerleading, etc. And Shia LaBeouf has this way about him that is so believable and funny. The casting was perfect and the acting was spectacular. I'm disappointed that Disney dwells so much on Lizzie McGuire, though. Even Stevens is just as funny, only from a boy AND girls point of view, not just a 13 year old girl. So you should really watch this show, it's worth it

awesome

Author: colinwhitefan
28 June 2003

I love Even Stevens of the best kids tv shows of all time no doubt, Louis Stevens is a legend he is hilarious. Even Stevens owns Lizzie McGuire, why does the better show get shut down???? Shia LaBeouf is a better kid actor than Hilary Duff and Even Stevens has better stories and supporting actors. Even Stevens shouldn't even be compared to Lizzie nothing to compare, Even Stevens will always be better and you should watch it, you will see what I am talking about.

I really like this show!

Author: Maria100 from San Diego, CA
31 March 2003

Even Stevens is a show that you can really enjoy. Louis is really funny, and his best friends, Twitty and Tawny are lots of fun to watch. Ren is a perfectionist in a funny way. She has a calendar where she puts stickys about what she has planned, and on most occasions, it is jam packed!! Beans is funny because he is everywhere. He sneaks into the Stevens house very easily. Tom is a geek and he always is prim, proper, and beside his mother, Doris. Once in a while, Tawny and Louis go out, and they are as perfect a couple as Lizzie and Gordo on Lizzie McGuire!!!!!! The parents are most of the time entertaining!!

Pretty Cool...

Author: sixersgurl91 from New Jersey
15 November 2002

This show is pretty cool. I wouldn't jump in right away and say it's the best show in the world, but I like it. Shia LaBeouf is extremely funny, and Christy Ramano is perfect for the part of Ren. I was upset to hear this show is ending and I think Disney is making a horrible mistake canceling it's two best shows (Even Stevens and Lizzie McGuire), and bringing in these new not so good shows(That's So Raven, The Proud Family and Kim Possible). This show is Disney at it's best and if I had it my way it wouldn't have reached end of production already.

I give this show a 9/10.

Amazing..Hilarious...Perfect...

Author: RugbyDaveMN from Reykjavik, Iceland
7 June 2003

i'm not going to write some huge thing about this show.

its easy to sum up:

this show is hilarious. i'm 23 at university. This show isn't just for younger kids, its actually wraught full of adult themes and humor, also. Shia and AJ (louis and twitty) are amazing actors and deliver lines in such a natural and funny way -- it reminds me of me and my buddy matt growing up!

The show is great. watch it. don't miss it. period in other words, one of the funniest shows out there (besides Invader Zim and Upright Citizens Brigade)... don't be surprised when you find out there's an underground cult that follows this show's every steps!

enjoy!