IMDb > Madonna Live: The Virgin Tour (1985) (V) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Madonna Live: The Virgin Tour (V) More at IMDbPro »

The Virgin Tour......Where it all began!

Author: dollordj from United Kingdom
15 December 2008

I was 14 when I first seen this concert and I was captivated from the very first song, 'Dress You Up', I'd never seen anything like this before. Madonna bumps and grinds through every number, I was glued to the screen, her energy and sex appeal was just overpowering, She belts out every song with such force and ease, engaging the audience at every turn. Her voice was strong and you know she was in charge of every line she sang. Midway through was a bit of a change and a highlight for me 'Gambler' where she dawns the dark glasses and writhes around a pole for this pumping hard rock edged tune. You can tell she is proud to be back home in Detroit, where she grew up, the crowd go wild for every song and break in to a frenzy when she screams , wearing the infamous white wedding dress....'Will you marry me'? as she struts her stuff for 'Like A Virgin' The whole concert is charged with her demanding sexuality and its impossible not to be taken with every step she makes. Its fascinating to see how far this remarkable woman has come and how with each live concert she makes another huge leap forward.This is a glimpse into a Legend in the Making! A must see for any music fan.10/10

The Virgin Tour (Live from Detroit)

Author: arton9 from Australia
29 June 2008

It's interesting to look back at this show and see how far concerts have come, before large sets and giant screens were introduced you just had to concentrate on the dancing and the singing. This is the only show that Madonna did where she had two men as back up singers. It must of been so exciting and scary for Madonna at that time to perform for her first tour. You can see all the Madonna wannabes in the crowd, it's a rare sight these days to see fans dressing up like their favourite idol. Strange ending of the show with Madonna laughing in the background, I don't know what that means. Also at the beginning of the show she tells the viewers what her dreams are and how she's made them come true, not an easy feat in the real world.