This should be available to the public

Author: CineNutty from United States
20 July 2009

Narrated by Johnny Carson, this documentary was last seen in the 70's and left a memorable impression on me. We are losing WWII Vets at a ever increasing rate and it should be available to them to see the how the Homefront handled the war, especially if they did not get back to the states during the war. Why isn't it available in a DVD format or otherwise? It is history !!!!

If not only for Carson's narration, it should be made available to show people the sacrifices people went through at home to support the War effort. Everything and I mean everything was recycled for the War effort. This was all captured and lampooned by Bugs Bunny, et al., in the cartoons shown before each movie. Little signs would pop up in the cartoon asking "Is this trip really necessary?" And gasoline was a rationed commodity along with sugar, meat, butter, oleo (margarine), rubber (for tires), etc.

The point of this documentary was to show the level of support at home during WWII. That is why it should be shown again or made available by Time-Life under its auspices.