IMDb > Deuce Bigalow: Male Gigolo (1999) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Deuce Bigalow: Male Gigolo

Deuce Bigalow: Male Gigolo More at IMDbPro »

Page 6 of 21: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [Next]

Hysterical!!

Author: neo__-theone- from Kissimmee Florida
22 June 2000

This movie is NOT just another SNL character movie! It was a laugh riot! I was a little afraid to see this but my girlfriend talked me into it and boy was I happy I let her do it!! I spent the whole 80 minutes laughing. I would highly recommend this film to anyone who likes comedies!

Non stop laughter

Author: Steve (narst@aol.com) from Oradell, New Jersey
20 June 2000

Rob Schneider stars as Deuce in this hilarious comedy. This is just as funny as any of Adam Sandler's type films and may actually be better considering its R rating, Deuce can go even further for a gross out laugh. The film does follow the same formula as many others but who cares? If you're looking for a great laugh go straight to Deuce for a superb performance by Rob Schneider, a great soundtrack and non stop hilarity.

my favorite comedy film of 1999

Author: Michael Hollywood
31 May 2000

Rob Schneider is not known for his acting but he proved that he can perform with the rest of them in "Deuce Bigalow: Male Gigolo." This might be his best film to date because he is what makes this film come alive along with the rest of his castmates.

I liked this movie so much that it hurt me every time I laughed. This was a film that should be used as a model for true laughter and comedy because the jokes were clean and funny at the same time. Schneider co-wrote this film that introduced a plot that was so funny, which had a sweet underlying plot that I found to be very enjoyable to watch.

My favorite scene in the whole movie involved the blind date with the woman who could not control her mouth. You will have to watch the movie to understand what I'm talking about.

The whole cast was incredible as they all turned in superb performances. It also seemed they were having fun with one another on the set and it showed in their performances, which is one thing I look for in a good film.

I will watch this film over and over because it cracked me up and is a film that has a heart with its excellent plot and cast.

Check your brain at the door and get ready for some fun!

Author: Logan5
30 May 2000

The premise is silly - the execution is cheesy - its shouldn't work but in the true tradition of great comedies it does. It's a comedy that appeals to a lower common denominator of humour, but not nearly as vulgar as There Something About Mary. You could take your Granny along to this.

Check your brain at the door and get ready for some fun. Give it a chance and it will charm you.

On a personal note - I cannot remember when I last laughed out loud so much.

Very Funny.

Author: stirred_mind from New Zealand
27 April 2000

Of course, people diss this film because it is crude, stupid but it is hilarious and good to us fun-loving people.

Unfortunately Deuce Bigalow (Rob Schneider) has been fired from his job and now he must work as gigolo because he broke a scary guys fish tank. Deuce pays ten dollars but he's willing to negotiate!!

If your a fan of 'Ace Ventura' you'll like this, its hilarious!

Laugh-out-loud stupidity

Author: BruceMc from United States
16 January 2000

For the "Billy Madison," "Ace Ventura," "Whoopie Boys" fan

only, "Deuce Bigalow: Male Gigolo" has bits of hold-your-side laughter. For viewers who prefer a more

subtle humor, forget it. "Deuce" is short and surprisingly sweet-- it doesn't have nearly the vulgarity

or the nihilistic madness as does, say, "The Whoopie Boys"; and that's unfortunate, because if it did, it would be a much funnier movie. As it is, "Deuce Bigalow" plays more like an extended SNL skit-- and since it's rated PG-13, that's not surprising.

Lowbrow humor that works - STUPID HORSESHOE LICKERS!

Author: batzi8m1 from Watsonville, California
10 January 2000

No plot - except the standard brand hollywood romance routine. No nekked Breasts - except Rob Schneiders. No Buckets of Blood, Decapitations or Bullet-Riddled-Bodies.

We do have - 600lb transvestite, 8 foot tall woman with size 18 feet, pretty date with tourret's syndrom screaming obscenities that would make an adolescent male proud, narcoleptic date (but you probably saw that in the trailer), man whores, a compassionate man-whore-pimp and a cop obsessed with dropping his pants and asking the man-whore's opinion. Oh yeah, did I mention lots of PC man-whore jokes and an exotic-fish-in-a-blender.

I watched this alone one afternoon while ill with one other teenage couple in the theater, and even the girl laughed.

predictable but laughable too

Author: robbo (robb@world-net.co.nz) from Auckland, New Zealand
8 January 2000

I don't know why so many people have whinged about a supposed lack of quality in this film. Okay, it's not an epic masterpiece. But it made me laugh a lot despite being a trashy comedy. It's dirty, it's crude and a bit lame but you're not going to see it looking for a quality piece of work, just to laugh a bit. The only problem I had was with the 'white boy' references which always bother me, reverse racism is racism too.

Look, the hallmark of a comedy is how many laughs it gets. The whole theatre was cracking up regularly when we went to see this film. Go see it if you want some cheap laughs: they don't make enough comedies these days.

I'd give it about a 7.5 out of 10 losing marks because of the unnecessary romantic subplot. See it for the sea snails scenes!

Hilarious...Watch matrix first to get the most out of the humour

Author: ontactive from Toronto
4 January 2000

If you liked Dumb & dumber, you'll definitely like Deuce Bigalow. Deuce has a special type of comedy that will appeal only to those who like exaggerated humour. You have to put yourself in that frame of mind to enjoy this movie...if you do, you'll love it.

Exceeding Expectations

Author: Zalis
30 December 1999

I saw this one with 3 friends, and all of us expected the same thing: A cliched, cheesy, an generally bad movie, in the genre of There's Something About Mary. What we saw, however, was a mixture of good jokes and bad jokes. There's slight references to other movies, such as the Matrix and even Jurassic Park, some of which had us almost in tears. This mixture was laid over a suprisingly decent love story. It's been done before, but it was heartwarming. And Kate. . .gotta give :) to her. . . Not a great movie, but not nearly as bad as I thought it would be.