IMDb > "Dark Angel" (2000) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Page 1 of 17:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]

Cameron S.O.S

Author: leon123 from United States
20 January 2001

This show started with much promise, but I think it is fading fast. Unless James Cameron takes a more hands-on approach and start doing some of the writing and/or directing himself, this will be another one of those short lived TV series that will be rerun on either TNT, SCI-FI, or FX cable channels ad-infinitum. I think that this show suffers from the same problems that the PRETENDER suffered from: it just keeps recycling the same good guy(girl) vs. bad guy stuff while continuing to build up on the subplots with no discernable solution to the questions the subplots are raising. In order for these types of series to succeed, the producers, in my humble opinion, need to tie the various subplots at some point to THE main plot of the show and relegate the good cop vs. bad cop episodic plots to the back burner.Of course this would mean, one suspects, that at some point the series would be over, because the main plot would be solved. The other thing that bothers me about Dark Angel is the hunter vs. the hunted theme: we've already had this in The Fugitive, The Incredible Hulk, The Pretender, to some extend in The Profiler, and probably others that I haven't even heard of. Can we get rid of it? It is the biggest cliche on TV right now. Cameron said in an interview that he would only come in to direct and write an episode if it could be ground breaking enough and something that had not been done before on TV. Now's the time to do it, Jimbo. If you care about this project, save its life, please! I would submit that that is ground breaking enough.

What started out great, ended with a bad heart-ache.

Author: Jane from United States
2 September 2009

Dark Angel was a fun and exciting show....in the beginning however. As the first season ended with what i thought was a promising future for the show, began with a second/final season that was just awful.

WARNING: THE FOLLOWING CONTAINS SPOILER(S) WHICH INCLUDE SYNOPSIS/PLOTS. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

The first season focused on a young woman whose living out a pretty normal life in a post-apocalyptic world where the only good job was working at an express delivery service. -mainly where the young woman, known as max works.- It turns out though that max is actually a genetically engineered super soldier that's an escapee a secret government corporation, known as manticore, was/is after since she escaped at age 11. -not sure of the age- Anywayz, from here it's known that max is a cat burglar looking to make some extra cash. Here she meets the reporter known as 'eyes-only' whose out looking to make the world a better place. From here on out with occasional arguments and jokes max and 'eyes-only' work together to bring down the baddies and find max's 'family' which are her comrades that also escaped the evil manticore. You see to me this show was great. I mean the first season was fun with an original story that kept me wanting to see more. The acting was done right as well with twists and drama that made the show watchable. HOWEVER, upon the second season...things went terribly wrong. Without giving too much away, the second season basically strays from what the original story was all about to confused story lines with far-fetched complicated plots that UN-successfully launched the supposed 'third season'. Long story short, first season was much better than the second. -see it for yourself and you'll know why- i give the show 8/10 because it's the first season that makes the show great. the second was SOMEWHAT ALRIGHT, but very confusing with UN-liking stories as well as characters. but hey, who knows what you would like.

A star is born

Author: SnoopyStyle
23 August 2013

In a post apocalyptic world, Max Guevera (Jessica Alba) is a bike messenger in Seattle. She was one of a group of genetically engineered children who escaped from a military lab. She battles the corrupt world with cyber-journalist Logan Cale (Michael Weatherly) known as Eyes Only. She struggles to survive and uncover the truth of her origins.

After the success of Titanic, James Cameron produced this TV show. It was TV series filmed in Vancouver for Seattle. The look of it was limited by its TV budget. The story is there but not fully fleshed out. Maybe there's a need for better support. Maybe the dialog isn't quite as sharp. No matter what, Jessica Alba was truly a star being born. She glows on the screen.

Wish it did not stop.

Author: Dardania Lion from USA
5 June 2014

I really loved it. The first season is the best. The second one is okay but it does get boring with Joshua. The first one has some good things in it. Jessica tried to know more who escaped Menticore and faces hard time.

I wish, I really wish we had someone starting from season 3 but sadly it wont happen. Jessica has her family and wont be bothered doing this thing again. I have to say she did a really good job here.

Come on James Cameron, make us happy and start another Dark Angel series.

Find someone who looks like Jessica Alba and make it happen, just have a try and I am sure people will like it.

Don't do things just because of money. You have enough of it.

Having it play in Seattle would be really nice. Somehow I love this city.

Thanks

Great show, too bad there are only two seasons

Author: maloris-m
14 June 2011

Just finished watching the show last night. I really enjoyed it. I like the plot and all the fantasy details that can be passed for realistic. Yes, some of the acting was bad and there were some clichés, but that can all pass. I really liked Logan's role and him as a character. There is action, there are conspirators and there is tense love between main actors. I regret the most that there is no real ending in love between Max and Logan. I know a lot of time passed since last season and that actors aged (not that it matters, most of them like Alba, Weatherly and Ackles look mainly the same), but it would be really cool to have a better ending, at least in a movie, which is maybe even better idea then another seasons. I am not so fond of the ending the way it played out - frozen and incomplete. I would recommend this serial.

Please bring back Dark Angel James Cameron

Author: jendowoz from Australia
13 March 2017

I bought every season and episode of Dark Angel and was very disappointed when it was axed. I would really implore that this continues even if set from a few years later, or another version of Dark Angel is made with the original cast, particularly Jessica Alba.

Jessica Alba is perfect for this role and with the popularity of Arrow, The Flash, DC Legends of Tomorrow, Spergirl and various others, I am positive that Dark Angel in this day and age would be welcomed back with open arms by great deal of people, myself included.

I've recently been watching them again and they thrill me every time even though I've seen them all before. I am so pleased I bought the whole set and am enjoying them as much as when I first watched them on Television. Please James Cameron and Charles H. Eglee bring it back and continue it from where it was left off. I guarantee it will be well accepted.

kind regards, Jennifer Atterton

i loved this show. But i was disappointed

Author: sally_hardesty2 from Canada
4 March 2012

For what it was i loved this show. The first season was great. It had great ideas and interesting characters. There were other ways i would have loved the show to go other then the way it went. But the second season was horrible. It had a completely different writing scale. It 100% disappointed me. It deviated so much from the original story, it was difficult to follow and felt like it was completely rushed to get it over with. I was extremely disappointed in the fact that a large part of Max's x5 group was dead. When all she ever wanted to know was that they were OK. I think Zack or William Gregory Lee got a raw deal when he died and i would had loved to see Max and him together more.Tingas death just plain upset me. Then the whole ending stunk. I was never a real fan of the alba and weatherly relationship to begin with.

If this show had not been as expensive i wish they would have explored more about the x5 group instead of the scifi freakier x7s and direction they went. I liked the original plot. Rather then the more extravagant issues coming on the end. If i could say one thing to the writers it would have been less is more and drop the whole Joshua daddy complex thing that wrecked it.

Nifty show

Author: Samiam3 from Canada
17 September 2009

In the the middle of a dark Winter's night (set in this year ironically 2009) a handful of genetically engineered kids escape the asylum in which they were trained to be super soldiers under the command of the tyrant-like Donald Lydecker. Some escape the guard some don't. Those who do escape split up and go their own ways. Twenty years or so later, America is in a major economic depression, and this is where we meet Max Guevera. Downtown in a West Coast American city, she works as a postal delivery girl, with her roommate 'Original' Cindy. Max has one objective in life at the moment, to be reunited with her brothers and sisters. Like her, they are all out there somewhere trying to hide from Lydecker and his goons. One night in a strange turn of events, Max meets Logan Cale, a technology whiz and a journalist. They strike a deal, Max will act as his spy, to help him bring down suspected criminals, and He will try and help Max locate her siblings. It is a dangerous game.

From the mighty James Cameron, who at the time was taking a break from Hollywood comes a quirky, sci-fi adventure, which balances wit, charm, and action in the story of one kick-ass Heroin. What a great way to start a career for Jessica Alba. She is perfect for the role, and the show is more interested in her filing the shoes of a strange character rather than showing off cleavage which, Alba has since done frequently.

the one problem I have with Dark Angel is a certain lack of excitement, Every time Max gets into trouble she gets out pretty easily because she is so much smarter and tougher than her enemies, but I guess that is what makes the show so quirky. It doesn't usually take itself seriously, and we grow to like the people.

Sci-fi lovers might get a kick out of Dark Angel.

Season 3

Author: greppelll from Netherlands
5 June 2016

Waiting for over 10 years for season 3... Stil Watching THE 2 seasons that where made. Would been a great comeback if there was a next season. Cant wait to See how It ends, huge fan like to See It start again. In stead of avatar jist make next season of dark angel and keep THE fans happy again. I believe there Will be lots of fans that Will support iT. I can only imagine how iT ends, bit to See iT end in a actual series is much better. Love to See jessica alba on THE screen, and of course Michael weatherly.

Jensen ackles nog to forget.

Even my children watch THE series and iT had been way before they where born, that sais enough of how amazone THE series dark angel is.

Could this actually happen?

Author: kris-bagnall
6 August 2012

Overall a very decent TV series, in my book a decent TV series make you want to instantly watch the next episode, not because of a silly cliffhanger but because as a package its just brilliant. Sometimes Dark Angel achieves this sometimes it doesn't. The first season took me a little while to get into but then it really gets good, as it ends and season two picks up Dark Angel takes a huge shift. I found Season 1 a much better season, with the mystery cult popping up from no where, Joshua (who was almost a jar jar binks character) and original Cindy barely featured in season 2. Season one was much more enjoyable. One of the gems of Dark Angel was the soundtrack with Chuck D (Public Enemy)at the helm, it was always going to be good. Even after a few years of it being produced the music is still top notch, this almost makes it better. The key thing of Dark Angel how close it is to the world we live in DNA and genetics being altered to make 'better' people. This could be going on somewhere in the world today. As the truth becomes known to the general public, what disappointed me is that the mass majority hate and want to kill anyone from Mantacore.I would like to think if this happened in our world today there would be a significant percentage of the population willing to accept them in our society and communites. If you are a sci-fi fan, this is well worth checking out (even if it just for Jessica, very hot)

Page 1 of 17:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]