IMDb > "Dark Angel" (2000) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Dark Angel"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"Dark Angel" More at IMDbPro »

Page 5 of 16: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [Next]

One of the most interesting and well written shows ever created

Author: adammc80 from Lansing
10 April 2004

It really is a shame that this show was cancelled but it was great while it lasted. I watch the first season over and over. The second season was good but it took the series away from the base it was created upon. It was like a totally different show. But it will always live on. The books were at least helpful in telling the rest of the story. Without them we would never know what would have become of Max and Logan and the rest of the gang. You kind of get used to the weird creatures and stuff from season two but I believe they should have kept everything 'human'. Too late now I guess. Still a great show in my opinion and I will never refer to it in the past tense.

Great Series

Author: larydion from Bogotá, Colombia
6 May 2001

Simply, one of the greatest series of all times.

Cameron (from Titanic), has made a wise choice with this theme (a bunch of enhanced boys, that escapes from his place, and now are in his middle twenties). The lead character Max Guevara (Jessica Alba, from Flipper and Idle Hands), lives in Seattle, searching for the other "escapees".

Great images, a story clear, great performance (don´t miss Original Cindy... it´s great) for all the actors... It´s the best show this season...

awesome

Author: kll (klawson328@aol.com) from Virginia, United States
17 April 2001

Dark Angel has become my one of my favorite shows, I was hooked from the very first episode, Jessica is great. I knew I would love this show since Max kicks butt, girl power is needed for females, I definatly think that a girl kicking butt gives females more self-confidence, than a girl who tries to get all the guys, or one who is unsure of herself.

I read some where that it costs a lot to do each episode and they are not sure if the show will continue or not but, it also gave an address to write to if you do not want the show to be canceled, you can guarantee that I will write to them.

One of the best shows of the new millenium...

Author: Lady Amisona
6 April 2001

This show is incredibly intelligent. This fountain of surreal beauty will grab you and not let you go! I have been watching since the first episode, and have not missed it since. Every episode leaves watchers impatient for more. This show is less than a year old and already it has an immense cult following. Keep watching.

love it!

Author: moiraine2002 from frankiln pa
5 March 2001

this series is the best one I've seen since The X-Files! I have been a Jessica Alba fan since her days on Flipper, and I'm very glad that she is still acting. she has presence and charisma onscreen that few posses. her character Max,a genetically engineered killing machine, is suprisingly fun. I expected her to be quiet and mean ,but she is refreshingly like a typical young girl,she is funny,and sexy,but also very deadly! her friend Original Cindy,is very fun to watch,and it is great to see how they interact! i hope to see this series go on for quite some time...

...Dark Angel will be around for a long time...

Author: (f.o.t.d)
14 February 2001

I have only seen the pilot and the first episode and all I can say is WOW. I have tried to avoid reading too much about this show because I want the stories to be a surprise every week. I think that Dark Angel will be around for a long time if the quality of the series stays at the level of these two episodes and it might not have even found its feet yet.

The story itself is a nice change from the big explosion, guns blazing action series. The story of Max an extreamly sexy messenger/supersoldier trying to find more of her kind in a post apocaliptic world. Jesica Alba's an excellent choice as the lead in this new show.She has shown a great diversity in the rolls she has played in her career. The story line leaves a lot of room for some big action stories, and with James Cameron associated with the production there has to be a really bright future for the Dark Angel.

Very deep show.

Author: egbkid from Canada
3 November 2000

Dark Angel is REALLY good. I could almost say it's better than X-Files, and definitey better than most of the other sci-fi shows currently running. Max's history is very interesting, and it's cool to see the future this way, because, it could happen. Eyes Only is creepy, Logan has really creepy eyes, as if he's seen a lot. This show is very deep, and will go a long way if they keep it up the way it is going, especially if they get more into the story of Max finding her 'brothers and sisters'.

I LOVE this show.

Author: DarkAngel110591 from Canada
25 June 2007

Those other comments were horrible. Dark Angel is the best show on television. I don't know what their problem is, I love the show. I even used the name for my email. I absolutely LOVE the show. I even go by MaX. I don't know how on earth these people can come up with these comments. If it wasn't for Dark Angel, I'd still be stuck in talking like a schoolgirl preppy. I think Jessica Alba was picked for the part for a lot more reasons than good looks, she's a great actor and everything I aspire to be. Yes, some of the ideas in this show were taken from other people's ideas, but they were used a hell of a lot better than they were with the original ideas. Dark Angel takes you right inside the mind of someone who is be genetically enhanced. The advantages, the problems are all exquisitely designed to make you feel as if they were your own. This show has an irresistible pull to it, and, for the first time in my life, I will let myself be consumed by it. I am, and always will be, addicted to the show Dark Angel. It's a really good way to escape, especially if your own life isn't exactly the way you want it.

Well, as Max would say,

Gotta Blaze,

MaX

Great Show

Author: SuperNatural01983 from United States
19 April 2007

I recently stared watching the show on sci-fi. It's a great show, it's hard for me to get into a television series. My brother had recently bought me the TV series for my birthday. It was a shame that the show ended after the second season. I hate it when they start a TV series and don't finish it I would have loved to see how Max and the others end up at the end. I thought the cast was great. I still like watching similar shows like Dark Angel-like SuperNatural, Prison Break and the Stargate series. There are not that many good shows any more. Jensen Ackles had always been one of my favorite characters, Jessica Alba was perfect for the job of Max. I would have liked more of William Gregory Lee, he's also a great actor, I remember him from Xena. It was a shame it ended so soon!

Sci/fi, drama at it's best

Author: Razgriz1982 from Netherlands
25 March 2007

Dark angel really is one of the best TV shows i have ever seen. The show aired in the Netherlands around 2001, and i just happened to see the pilot episode by coincidence. And from that moment on I was hooked on the series. What really grabbed me was the whole dark and kind of mysterious 'feel' of it. In my opinion it shows us a post-apocalyptic world like I personally could imagine after 'the pulse' if it should happen in real life.. I also think the characters are all the right people for the job. Jessica alba is great as the mysterious, tough but o so sexy Max Guevara A.K.A. X5-452. She is a genetically enhanced super soldier created in a test-tube by a secret government agency called 'Manticore', witch she escaped from with a few others like herself. The other main character, who is played by Michael Weatherly, called Logan Cale is a crime fighting cyber-journalist. His main goal is to stop the corruption and all of the wrongs done by the government and everyone who is on the wrong side of the law. The chemistry between Logan and Max is really good and fun to watch. Mostly the rest of the cast are playing Max' co-workers at a bike messengers service called 'Jam Pony' , where she works at day time. Among them are a Rastafarian who no one can really understand when he speaks, a lesbian girl with a lot of 'ghetto slang' and Max' best friend, then there's her boss they all call 'Normal' but in fact he isn't, but fun nonetheless. The big shame is that Fox, in all of it's wisdom, had decided to pull the plug at the end of season 2, witch was a really bad move in my humble opinion. There was still so much to explore after the last season, and so many questions unanswered that needed filling. I really should give credit to James Cameron for coming up with this great TV show! And if you are not familiar with this TV show I'd really recommend you to watch it, you won't be disappointed.