IMDb > "Dark Angel" (2000) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Dark Angel"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratings

"Dark Angel" More at IMDbPro »

Page 5 of 17: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [Next]

Great action, good acting, beautiful Jessica!

Author: FatPete (terrorman31@hotmail.com) from Gothenburg, Sweden
4 April 2002

Jessica Alba, the no. 1 all-time beauty, stars as Max in this futuristic action/sci-fi series, set in a dystopian future. Max was part of a genetic engineering project as a child, but escaped from Manticore, where she and her fellow guineapigs were held by the evil Lydecker and crew.

The script is almost as impressive (being an american action series) as the special effects, and there's nothing to complain about in the acting either. Altogether, this is one of the best TV-series ever produced. Much thanks to the STUNNING Jessica Alba!

revive Dark Angel

Author: rjgrisham1 from United States
29 November 2006

Even though it's in the future there are several issues of today. Yes, I think this should be continued. I personally love the series and pray that it will be picked up and started again.

All the actors are wonderful even "White" the guy you hate. If you talk to some of the actors they would be glad to come back and start Dark Angel again.

This is suppose to be in future but a lot of thing happening in the series is happening now.

We need a closer to the series instead of so many loose ends dangling in front of us. Like a happy ending for Logan and Max or a new beginning for them. Will the virus be eliminated so that they could become a couple. And Alec being able to be with Asha. The finale there was another dog person was it a female or what. With Annie being killed it left Joshua high and dry for female companionship.

A terrible waste of a good idea.

Author: katpbennett from Seoul
22 June 2001

The opening to this pilot was great; it had intrigue, suspense, a bunch of persecuted kids you could come to care about. But, as soon as Jessica Alba is on-screen, this thing has MADE FOR TV written all over it, and mediocre at that. The people are just too coiffed, too smart-mouthed, too slick, too cliche.

The dialog is trite, and most of the actors, including Alba, mumble like they've got marbles in their mouths. It's a terrible waste of a good idea, and a waste of John Savage's talents.

The overlying scenario of a magnetic pulse that could wipe out all binary information, thereby throwing the planet into chaos and economic distress, was believable. It's too bad the characters were so unbelievable.

If it became a series, I'd give it a miss.

Show is awesome!! But FOX cancels.... as usual

Author: dweberspam from United States
28 September 2008

This show is awesome! Classic futuristic sci-fi show! The main problem this show had was it was produced by FOX. As much as I liked this show, it pained me to like it because everything Fox creates is cancelled without ending. They never finish a show. Anyways, the acting is decent and the plots are interesting. And to the people that think this show was bad, what kind of show DO you like? Perhaps all those retarded shows on the WB???? Or the neverending flood of reality shows???? Why do those shows last so long when they are the worst shows in the world. Every one of them. It's so hard to find good shows on TV anymore because there are only 3 genres: reality, WB crap, or CSI shows. *sigh*

One of the most interesting and well written shows ever created

Author: adammc80 from Lansing
10 April 2004

It really is a shame that this show was cancelled but it was great while it lasted. I watch the first season over and over. The second season was good but it took the series away from the base it was created upon. It was like a totally different show. But it will always live on. The books were at least helpful in telling the rest of the story. Without them we would never know what would have become of Max and Logan and the rest of the gang. You kind of get used to the weird creatures and stuff from season two but I believe they should have kept everything 'human'. Too late now I guess. Still a great show in my opinion and I will never refer to it in the past tense.

Great Series

Author: larydion from Bogotá, Colombia
6 May 2001

Simply, one of the greatest series of all times.

Cameron (from Titanic), has made a wise choice with this theme (a bunch of enhanced boys, that escapes from his place, and now are in his middle twenties). The lead character Max Guevara (Jessica Alba, from Flipper and Idle Hands), lives in Seattle, searching for the other "escapees".

Great images, a story clear, great performance (don´t miss Original Cindy... it´s great) for all the actors... It´s the best show this season...

awesome

Author: kll (klawson328@aol.com) from Virginia, United States
17 April 2001

Dark Angel has become my one of my favorite shows, I was hooked from the very first episode, Jessica is great. I knew I would love this show since Max kicks butt, girl power is needed for females, I definatly think that a girl kicking butt gives females more self-confidence, than a girl who tries to get all the guys, or one who is unsure of herself.

I read some where that it costs a lot to do each episode and they are not sure if the show will continue or not but, it also gave an address to write to if you do not want the show to be canceled, you can guarantee that I will write to them.

One of the best shows of the new millenium...

Author: Lady Amisona
6 April 2001

This show is incredibly intelligent. This fountain of surreal beauty will grab you and not let you go! I have been watching since the first episode, and have not missed it since. Every episode leaves watchers impatient for more. This show is less than a year old and already it has an immense cult following. Keep watching.

love it!

Author: moiraine2002 from frankiln pa
5 March 2001

this series is the best one I've seen since The X-Files! I have been a Jessica Alba fan since her days on Flipper, and I'm very glad that she is still acting. she has presence and charisma onscreen that few posses. her character Max,a genetically engineered killing machine, is suprisingly fun. I expected her to be quiet and mean ,but she is refreshingly like a typical young girl,she is funny,and sexy,but also very deadly! her friend Original Cindy,is very fun to watch,and it is great to see how they interact! i hope to see this series go on for quite some time...

...Dark Angel will be around for a long time...

Author: (f.o.t.d)
14 February 2001

I have only seen the pilot and the first episode and all I can say is WOW. I have tried to avoid reading too much about this show because I want the stories to be a surprise every week. I think that Dark Angel will be around for a long time if the quality of the series stays at the level of these two episodes and it might not have even found its feet yet.

The story itself is a nice change from the big explosion, guns blazing action series. The story of Max an extreamly sexy messenger/supersoldier trying to find more of her kind in a post apocaliptic world. Jesica Alba's an excellent choice as the lead in this new show.She has shown a great diversity in the rolls she has played in her career. The story line leaves a lot of room for some big action stories, and with James Cameron associated with the production there has to be a really bright future for the Dark Angel.