IMDb > "Dark Angel" (2000) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Dark Angel"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratings

"Dark Angel" More at IMDbPro »

Page 5 of 17: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [Next]

A good show, not a bad show.

Author: drkn85 from Sweden
25 November 2007

I cant believe that this show was that awful like many people says.

In my opinion, this was one of the best shows i ever seen. The script was hilarious and the actors was great. All of them. When i watched this show, I didn't want it to end. I laughed many times by the comedy in this show. Jessicas role as Max was so good that you can actually think that she is like her in real life! A really tough chick with an attitude like a cat! And i mean, to all those people who think Jessica Alba's look is the only reason she gets roles, it's stupid. I think she's a very good actress, very good. And absolutely perfect for this show. She and Michael Weatherly is doing a amazing job together.

And yet another good work from James Cameron like always.

Oh dear

Author: motor89 from Lancashire, England
17 January 2001

James Cameron? Now there's a name to attach to a science fiction show if you want to generate hype. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to have done the show much good quality-wise. In short, and considering the amount of money spent:

It stinks.

The dialogue is cliched and dull (with plenty of attempts at hip 90s slang), and the acting is appalling. The story is stupid, and doesn't even follow its own rules in the pilot (everybody's broke, but they can afford fancy hi-tech carbon-fibre bikes and designer clothes). The camera seems to be for only one purpose... to get as many beauty shots of Jessica Alba as possible - so we are constantly bombarded with wide-eyed, tilted-head cutesy looks from a teen actress with little to offer beyond looks. It's a science fiction version of 'Clueless'.

What is really depressing about this show is that it just confirms the trend in TV SF towards witless teen shows with good looking ass-kicking females as leads.

TV science fiction has really hit rock bottom now. Tune out.

To the person who said it's a copy of a James Patterson book. Even though your probably never going to read this

Author: cjami13 from Australia
13 December 2009

To the person who said that it's a copy of James Pattersons Maximum Ride series, you are so wrong.

Dark Angel came out in 2000. Maximum Ride came out in 2005. So basically Maximum ride is a copy of Dark Angel. So get your facts straight you idiot. And also that book is a horrible book so stop acting like it's better.

This show, while it may not be the best show in the world, it was still a good show and if you don't like then don't look at the page for it. And stop saying it suck cause I bet you haven't watched it. And it was nominated for a golden globe. That says something about the show.

And I also know I come across a hypocrite

Dark Angel should have more seasons

Author: foxylady742 from United Kingdom
16 April 2008

Well I've loved dark angel right from the start, i've just watched them all again from ep 1 to 42 in order. Why have they only done two seasons? I think they need to do more as we need to know whats so special about Max and what she has to do. We know she may get more powers and it may be something biblical but I want to know just what is going on there. I wanna know if she Logan ever work out this biotech disease thing and actually get to "get it on"... Also wanna know if the 'Transgenics' ever get to walk among the 'humans' So they should make another season even if it has been years since the last one, it would still work they need to for our sanity! Somebody should start a petition...

After Fox cancelled Dark Angel, I cancelled FOX.

Author: peacepit from Australia
8 December 2002

Dark Angel was in my opinion the best show on TV. It was in a 10:30pm time slot here in Sydney and was shown as late as 11:30pm but it was the ONLY show I watched religiously every week. Now that it has only 3 more shows to go here in Australia, I will be looking forward to cancelling watching ANYTHING that FOX has to offer in the future. I am afraid that a magnetic pulse has hit my television set and all FOX programmes will be dis-allowed to be viewed on my set.

Alias STINKS and that other programme that was given the nod ahead Dark Angel (I didn't even bother to remember its name) will thankfully not be seen by me.

I have just bought the first season of Dark Angel on DVD and will get the second when it arrives. It is the ONLY tv series I have bought on DVD. I have been a fan of Next Generation Star Trek and Buffy (last three seasons only) But have decided the only series worth having on DVD at the moment is Dark Angel.

Dark Angel season two, will be the FINAL purchase of FOX merchandise that I will own. I have stopped buying ANY DVD movie from FOX as well. I have a collection of over 400 DVD's which 1/4 are Fox movies (Aliens, Speed, Conan etc) but have decided to buy from any other studio except FOX.

This just lets everyone know that I am not a fan of FOX anymore and am willing to stop putting my money where my mouth is.

Great action, good acting, beautiful Jessica!

Author: FatPete (terrorman31@hotmail.com) from Gothenburg, Sweden
4 April 2002

Jessica Alba, the no. 1 all-time beauty, stars as Max in this futuristic action/sci-fi series, set in a dystopian future. Max was part of a genetic engineering project as a child, but escaped from Manticore, where she and her fellow guineapigs were held by the evil Lydecker and crew.

The script is almost as impressive (being an american action series) as the special effects, and there's nothing to complain about in the acting either. Altogether, this is one of the best TV-series ever produced. Much thanks to the STUNNING Jessica Alba!

revive Dark Angel

Author: rjgrisham1 from United States
29 November 2006

Even though it's in the future there are several issues of today. Yes, I think this should be continued. I personally love the series and pray that it will be picked up and started again.

All the actors are wonderful even "White" the guy you hate. If you talk to some of the actors they would be glad to come back and start Dark Angel again.

This is suppose to be in future but a lot of thing happening in the series is happening now.

We need a closer to the series instead of so many loose ends dangling in front of us. Like a happy ending for Logan and Max or a new beginning for them. Will the virus be eliminated so that they could become a couple. And Alec being able to be with Asha. The finale there was another dog person was it a female or what. With Annie being killed it left Joshua high and dry for female companionship.

A terrible waste of a good idea.

Author: katpbennett from Seoul
22 June 2001

The opening to this pilot was great; it had intrigue, suspense, a bunch of persecuted kids you could come to care about. But, as soon as Jessica Alba is on-screen, this thing has MADE FOR TV written all over it, and mediocre at that. The people are just too coiffed, too smart-mouthed, too slick, too cliche.

The dialog is trite, and most of the actors, including Alba, mumble like they've got marbles in their mouths. It's a terrible waste of a good idea, and a waste of John Savage's talents.

The overlying scenario of a magnetic pulse that could wipe out all binary information, thereby throwing the planet into chaos and economic distress, was believable. It's too bad the characters were so unbelievable.

If it became a series, I'd give it a miss.

Show is awesome!! But FOX cancels.... as usual

Author: dweberspam from United States
28 September 2008

This show is awesome! Classic futuristic sci-fi show! The main problem this show had was it was produced by FOX. As much as I liked this show, it pained me to like it because everything Fox creates is cancelled without ending. They never finish a show. Anyways, the acting is decent and the plots are interesting. And to the people that think this show was bad, what kind of show DO you like? Perhaps all those retarded shows on the WB???? Or the neverending flood of reality shows???? Why do those shows last so long when they are the worst shows in the world. Every one of them. It's so hard to find good shows on TV anymore because there are only 3 genres: reality, WB crap, or CSI shows. *sigh*

One of the most interesting and well written shows ever created

Author: adammc80 from Lansing
10 April 2004

It really is a shame that this show was cancelled but it was great while it lasted. I watch the first season over and over. The second season was good but it took the series away from the base it was created upon. It was like a totally different show. But it will always live on. The books were at least helpful in telling the rest of the story. Without them we would never know what would have become of Max and Logan and the rest of the gang. You kind of get used to the weird creatures and stuff from season two but I believe they should have kept everything 'human'. Too late now I guess. Still a great show in my opinion and I will never refer to it in the past tense.