IMDb > "Dark Angel" (2000) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Dark Angel"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"Dark Angel" More at IMDbPro »

Page 4 of 16: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [Next]

Would like to see more

Author: mikey0108 from United Kingdom
27 May 2008

After seeing the first season i was very impressed and enjoyed the show. The second season was also very good but had lost a bit of its edge. However the program had always grabbed my attention and overall was very enjoyable.

When watching the episodes on DVD i would actually spend pretty much all of the day sat in my couch, with eye's glued to the T.V, watching episode after episode. The characters are played very well and they fit in together brilliantly! Each episode keeps you watching with the different problems that Max/452 has.

I would definitely like to see more episodes made, but after so long after being cancelled i cant see it happening. (I still have hopes though!)

west of time

Author: md-1113 from Saudi Arabia
17 July 2014

i enjoy the show until the end because the end leave you with a hundreds of questions without any answer you don't know what happened with the x5 what happened with max and eyes only what is the father massage i started the watching the show because of james camron name but i thank it could be better i don't know why they stopped the show in this way and like this but my advice don't watch it because there is no end and you will not call it journey because there is no destination that's what i think anyway i hope i write something good thank you ================================================================== i enjoy the show until the end because the end leave you with a hundreds of questions without any answer you don't know what happened with the x5 what happened with max and eyes only what is the father massage i started the watching the show because of james camron name but i thank it could be better i don't know why they stopped the show in this way and like this but my advice don't watch it because there is no end and you will not call it journey because there is no destination that's what i think anyway i hope i write something good thank you

Great Show - gives justice to the impressive names involved...

Author: (sharonvangar@hotmail.com) from United Kingdom
4 July 2009

As for previous comments being made about the lack of realistic-angles to the personalities on the show all the personalities were varied as you do get in the real world and as for the smart-mouth sarcastic comments being made; I myself mouth as good as I get and although some maybe rather cliché that is a indication to real comments that would be made as not everyone will come out with original comebacks all the time.

Good show where everything isn't black or white but exists in shades of grey where you can strengthen your own views on not so-far-fetched ideas.

D.A not your average, and comparisons to firefly

Author: seenitall112 from Australia
18 April 2008

I just finished watching Dark Angel season 2, for the third time! Just like most DA fans, I was really saddened by the disheartening news of the season 3 cut. I can really empathise with the fellow who said he boycotted FOX after the same news.

I really want you to ask yourselves the following question(s), and answer if you have only seen both series: If you had the chance to literally live in one of these series, which one would it be? Which one will be the most exciting? Which one will leave you gasping for breathe, yet make you crave for more? I myself would easily pick D.A.

I am a person who loves high imaginative pieces. I have enough drama in my life as it is, and a busy social life, and when I sit down to watch something, I really want to be taken totally away from this world- far fetched and imaginative as possible but still make enough sense to be possible. I mean, that is the true essence of Sci Fi right? With D.A there is a lot more deeper meaning than what meets the eye. Take away Albas fine ass, and all the weird mutants and it is a real life situation. It really comes down to fundamental debates about Racism (esp final ep), The rich Vs poor, and God and his will. With this perspective, one can draw parallels to the likes of Battlestar (the new series) that debates similar issues.

I am a huge fan of BattleStar and I believe firefly is similar (well its both pretty much star trek) but the latter certainly not on the same level. How many space cowboy series and movies are there for god sakes? And it certainly was not a original piece of writing, heavily recycled.

Like most of you said, DA & Firefly are different fruits. Firefly to me grew pretty weak pretty quick. I mean Serenity, that was not all that great; it was low level flatulence to put colorfully.

D.A does need some improvement. Some may think that some of the hip hop slang dialog was an eye ball roll, but truth be told, most hip hop slang is an eye ball roll anyway. I can say this because I have been doused in that scene.

Nevertheless, I don't believe it works on screen, or as much as I hate to say it, it was delivered weak by Alba. Liners like "bring it bitch" didn't really always carry emotion like she meant it. It was more like she was thinking to her self "damn this lines gay" but I get paid to do it.

Original Cindy was by far the worst at it. Although her character was quite likable, it was seriously a case of "will someone bitch slap that lesso please!" with a shy hint of over-acting on her part.

But one character I got a real kick out of was Joshua (K-9 in his cocktail lol). They really got that character spot on. I know this because I have 12 dogs and although each one has a certain personality about them, they all have some very similar responses to certain things. The way Joshua progressively learns slang through the series was pure genius. One might even say that he was the balancing agent or mockery piece for the slang others used. He repeated slang terms he learn't from others at mostly inappropriate times, but when you really think about it, what he does say, does make sense, but his expressionism is limited to that of what he learned from his 'masters'. This is exactly how dogs are! Need I say again, this character was a pure work of art.

What I take D.A for is the storyline. There are so many things unclear and questions unanswered in the series. It is one series that I have seen that left such a messy trail of questions unanswered that it beckons to be watched again. I thought this was very clever in its self. E.g What on earth is the "coming?" and seriously how the hell is a bunch of tattoos that started appearing on Max be the answer? But, if they get it right, it can totally be a master piece.

Another thing I realized was that DA has very high 're-watch-ability'. The longterm storyline is quite complex but the short term plots have nice beginnings and ends, and adds to the longterm storyline with sharp stabs.

For those of you who have missed out on it, and do not want to spend the money on getting the DVDs just yet, Season 1 & 2 are available for download via rapidshare...just google it! I do recommend you buy it like I did if you like it. If enough people buy it, maybe the morons at FOX will re consider a 3rd season.

Also, Sign the petitions! Google, "Dark Angel Petitions". there are two, one for a movie, and one for a 3rd season. Who knows, anything is possible.

To sum it up in fruits, since it was mentioned before, Firefly to me is more like a perfect apple. Dark Angel, is more like an exotic fruit like a Guava. While Apples are good. There's nothing like a Guava.

Firefly was nice, but D.A lives in our hearts forever.

this show rocked

Author: roxyandpuffmygirls from United States
21 March 2008

This show is the Best show i've ever seen. It's story line is not like any other show on t.v. I loved it, and so dose everyone ales i talk to. how many other shows do you know of that takes place in 2020 after the country experiences a nuclear wave that frieze the satellites so the country is in a Dopration. And the fact that it could really happen is insane, and that it's about a girl that was a genetic experiment of the government is incredible passable too. because right know in real life scientists are experimenting with DNA.

People saying that the writers of dark angel were coping the James Patterson books is not true, if anything its the other way around. Dark Angel aired on T.V in 2000, James Patterson's first book in his series wasn't even published Intel 06, so how can the writers of dark angel be coping James Patterson.

And the stuff about her sassy personality, and the hole "girls kick ass" persona, and the part when she says that men are the weaker sex, she says that Before Theo dies and she says it to make her friend fill better. and i think that Max's attitude fits the story line good, you would act like that too, if you didn't have a real family and you've been running for your life sense you were nine.

No other actress would have been better. Jessica Alba rocks, and it's not just because shes pretty, but because she plays max wonderfully, And no other actress will ever be able to play max the way Alba did. Jessica Alba truly is the perfect Max Gaovera, and thats all there is to it, the show would have sucked without Jessica. They need to bring the show back, or at lest make a movie to finish the story. I AM ALL FOR A MOVIE.

A good show, not a bad show.

Author: drkn85 from Sweden
25 November 2007

I cant believe that this show was that awful like many people says.

In my opinion, this was one of the best shows i ever seen. The script was hilarious and the actors was great. All of them. When i watched this show, I didn't want it to end. I laughed many times by the comedy in this show. Jessicas role as Max was so good that you can actually think that she is like her in real life! A really tough chick with an attitude like a cat! And i mean, to all those people who think Jessica Alba's look is the only reason she gets roles, it's stupid. I think she's a very good actress, very good. And absolutely perfect for this show. She and Michael Weatherly is doing a amazing job together.

And yet another good work from James Cameron like always.

Oh dear

Author: motor89 from Lancashire, England
17 January 2001

James Cameron? Now there's a name to attach to a science fiction show if you want to generate hype. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to have done the show much good quality-wise. In short, and considering the amount of money spent:

It stinks.

The dialogue is cliched and dull (with plenty of attempts at hip 90s slang), and the acting is appalling. The story is stupid, and doesn't even follow its own rules in the pilot (everybody's broke, but they can afford fancy hi-tech carbon-fibre bikes and designer clothes). The camera seems to be for only one purpose... to get as many beauty shots of Jessica Alba as possible - so we are constantly bombarded with wide-eyed, tilted-head cutesy looks from a teen actress with little to offer beyond looks. It's a science fiction version of 'Clueless'.

What is really depressing about this show is that it just confirms the trend in TV SF towards witless teen shows with good looking ass-kicking females as leads.

TV science fiction has really hit rock bottom now. Tune out.

To the person who said it's a copy of a James Patterson book. Even though your probably never going to read this

Author: cjami13 from Australia
13 December 2009

To the person who said that it's a copy of James Pattersons Maximum Ride series, you are so wrong.

Dark Angel came out in 2000. Maximum Ride came out in 2005. So basically Maximum ride is a copy of Dark Angel. So get your facts straight you idiot. And also that book is a horrible book so stop acting like it's better.

This show, while it may not be the best show in the world, it was still a good show and if you don't like then don't look at the page for it. And stop saying it suck cause I bet you haven't watched it. And it was nominated for a golden globe. That says something about the show.

And I also know I come across a hypocrite

Dark Angel should have more seasons

Author: foxylady742 from United Kingdom
16 April 2008

Well I've loved dark angel right from the start, i've just watched them all again from ep 1 to 42 in order. Why have they only done two seasons? I think they need to do more as we need to know whats so special about Max and what she has to do. We know she may get more powers and it may be something biblical but I want to know just what is going on there. I wanna know if she Logan ever work out this biotech disease thing and actually get to "get it on"... Also wanna know if the 'Transgenics' ever get to walk among the 'humans' So they should make another season even if it has been years since the last one, it would still work they need to for our sanity! Somebody should start a petition...

After Fox cancelled Dark Angel, I cancelled FOX.

Author: peacepit from Australia
8 December 2002

Dark Angel was in my opinion the best show on TV. It was in a 10:30pm time slot here in Sydney and was shown as late as 11:30pm but it was the ONLY show I watched religiously every week. Now that it has only 3 more shows to go here in Australia, I will be looking forward to cancelling watching ANYTHING that FOX has to offer in the future. I am afraid that a magnetic pulse has hit my television set and all FOX programmes will be dis-allowed to be viewed on my set.

Alias STINKS and that other programme that was given the nod ahead Dark Angel (I didn't even bother to remember its name) will thankfully not be seen by me.

I have just bought the first season of Dark Angel on DVD and will get the second when it arrives. It is the ONLY tv series I have bought on DVD. I have been a fan of Next Generation Star Trek and Buffy (last three seasons only) But have decided the only series worth having on DVD at the moment is Dark Angel.

Dark Angel season two, will be the FINAL purchase of FOX merchandise that I will own. I have stopped buying ANY DVD movie from FOX as well. I have a collection of over 400 DVD's which 1/4 are Fox movies (Aliens, Speed, Conan etc) but have decided to buy from any other studio except FOX.

This just lets everyone know that I am not a fan of FOX anymore and am willing to stop putting my money where my mouth is.