IMDb > "Dark Angel" (2000) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Dark Angel"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"Dark Angel" More at IMDbPro »

Page 12 of 16: [Prev][7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [Next]

So Good But Why Did The Show Get Cancelled?!?

Author: acidburn725 (acidburn725@hotmail.com) from North Carolina
13 December 2003

This is reallyy good. Jessica Alba fits the character and it has great effects. I dont know why the show was cancelled when everyone loved it though! Its a wonderful wonderful dvd collection. The soundtrack is great also. The little fighting scenes were great also.

It Rox!

Author: elly from Melbourne, Australia
27 December 2002

I can't believe that jellyneckr person that was dissing Dark Angel! It is one of my fave shows and it did not get old. I wish that it was coming back for another season but thanx to people like jellyneckr its not. I think that it was one of James Cameron's best works, and titanic was pretty damn good too, so just don't diss things that are that good!

Quit the Buffy vs Dark Angel riff.

Author: peacepit
11 October 2002

I am so sick and tired of people going on about what a great actress Sarah Michelle Geller is!!! Sarah wasn't that great in the first two seasons of Buffy so give me a break!

The first season of Buffy put me off the show, and I didn't begin watching it until the end of the fourth season because Gellers acting was so bad at the beginning, and so were the scripts. On Buffy for the first season it was beat a new bad guy up every episode and it got boring real fast. There were to many cast members and you didn't know who was doing what.

Jessica Alba may not be the best actress but she sure did a hell of a lot better in the two seasons she starred in with Dark Angel than the first two seasons of Buffy.

Because Dark Angel got canned was the reason the writers had to rush through all the story lines and tie them up so fast. You don't have to be an X series brain to figure that out.

Compare the first two seasons of Buffy to Dark Angel and you will see that Dark Angel wins Hands down.

Buffy however after seasons five and six is the better show especially after the Glory storyline. But give credit where it is due, Jessica had a hit and it is to the shame of the idiots that cancelled Dark Angel that we will not be able to see her grow on screen as Sarah has.

Peace.

one of the best series i've watched..

Author: cherie (cherie@cherie.org) from usa
4 June 2002

..sorry to see it go :(

still hoping one day it'll come back. (I heard it's just too expensive for em to continue)

it's about a transgenic (gene revised/made) humans that were trained to be perfect soldiers...but the escaped and tried to live a normal life.

I for one will miss it, a LOT, and will continue reading fan fiction about em

Not as good as the X-Files, but then what is?

Author: butterflyangel05 (butterflyangel05@toosexyforyou.com)
24 May 2001

I started watching this show halfway through the season, and I am impressed. Jessica Alba's acting skills progress with each episode, and I am liking this show more and more. Micheal Weatherly is a very good actor with talent to spare. (doesn't hurt that he's cute too) I hope this show goes on for a long time. I'm sure they will think of plenty more plots for episodes to come. I like this show almost as much as the X-Files. It is superbly made. I give Dark Angel a 9 out of 10.

Addicted!!

Author: egbkid from Canada
29 April 2001

Now that I have seen more of Dark Angel, I am completly and entirely addicted!!! It is the best show running, and one of the few I watch regular. I'm glad it is being brought back for another season, and I hope it will continue on for more than just one more season. It should stay on for a long time, like the X FILES. If you havn't watched Dark Angel yet, watch it!!! It is the best series on tv!!

Titanic was a better sinking ship

Author: James Murray from uk
25 January 2012

Considering James Cameron's track record of first class movies he must of been stoned while making this! This is the worst military scifi I've ever seen (If I can find something worse then I will give it a 2 star) There is absolutely no military drama in it what so ever!, the back story is none existent, nobody is good at fighting at all with or without guns(watch jet lee or Jacky Chan if you want good kungfu)for espionage drama "james bond" it isn't, crime drama "sons of anarchy" or "sopranos" it isn't. There seems to be no military consultancy hear at all, as to why a super power that America is needs genetically engineered children for prepubescent commando training locked in a loony asylum? again universal soldier has done far better than this with a better cast. To get to the point as to what I know of personal military experience? You get nice soft people drunk on large doses of alcohol with regular fitness training to transform intelligent people into a more aggressive killing machine! Again absolutely no drama has been written. As to the so called escape there is no team drama these super intelligent prepubescent commando's dump each other like garbage and fail to survive as a team! So what is this garbage all about? really did these people ever go to a drama class , I'd say put the writers in front of a firing squad! I'm currently serving in Afghanistan in hellmand province camp bastion and see nothing strong to relate to the military, is this an anarchist's view of the military? I would suggest the writers start reading sun tzu's "The art of war", Nicolo Machiavelli's "The prince" & Robert Baer's "See no Evil" to start the basics of Military political drama, Even with this being made before the credit crunch it packs no punch what so ever, very sad

Great but too short

Author: glefavour from United States
31 October 2006

I hope they make a movie to continue the show. It's GREAT and I don't know why you stopped? They have not come up with a cure for Logan. It's like stopping in the middle. It should have a happy ending, like what is going to happen to Logan, and original Cindy and all the transgenic mutants. What is going to happen to Ames White ( Martin Commings) Or Logan Cale (Michael Weatherly) or, especially, MAX (Jessica Alba), Joshua (Kevin Durand), Alec (Jensen Ackles). I already have seasons one and two, It would be nice if there were a three. There is so much left in this story, so much more that they can do, that it would be a shame to leave it hanging unfinished like this. We need a happy ending to this story. Please do not let it end this way. And Please keep me informed if plans are made to continue this series.

futuristic, fun and totally watchable

Author: Amy (PrincessAmy826@hotmail.com) from Southern Cali
3 November 2001

after reading through all the negative comments on this show I knew I had to put something to defend one of my favorite shows. Sure it doesn't have the best acting or writing but it's a great concept and just a fun show.

It's one of the few action shows where the fighting is done by a girl which alone makes it watchable. Jessica Alba was a great choice because Max has so many sides to her that only so many people would be able to portray.

Dark Angel has a really good premise and while it may not be the best show around it's definately worth watching!

Wow

Author: Misfit-9 from The Condos of Green hell
8 February 2001

Listen if you like girls and who doesn't like girls and action and who doesn't then this show is for you. Jessica Alba is excellent as Max a genetic human from "Manacore" a group trying to make the perfect human. With watching this show every week if the super humans all look like Jessica in buying stock.

Page 12 of 16: [Prev][7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [Next]