shattering story about greed

Author: darko2525 from Yongin, South Korea
2 April 2003

Whenever HBO airs this little gem of a documentary, I stop what I'm doing and watch it. Narrated by Liev Schrieber, who is establishing himself as one of the most accomplished vocal performers in the business, this is just a remarkable story. What makes the story of CCNY so shattering is to see the impact that it has had on college basketball in New York. Yeah, St. John's usually fields a good team, and now and again Manhattan sends a team to the NCAA Tournament, as they did this year, but for the most part, college basketball in the city died when this scandal erupted. Brilliant.

Great Documentary!

Author: frank-fazio-101-4910 from United States
7 January 2017

While too young to remember the actual occurrences, shortly thereafter I dug into it. Kellogg certainly did the right thing and so did Norton (what else COULD he do?). This is a gem of a movie and why HBO does not release it on DVD is beyond me. Every athletic department should have one and show it to their teams at the start of every year. This was the prime of NYC BB with NYU, LIU, Manhattan, CCNY, Fordham, Saint John's, Columbia ecc filling the Garden each time. And winning the NIT was the BIG one! Not the NCAA's. I got my copy from the athletic department at CCNY in Manhattan 7-8 years ago, but all they had were poorly, copied videos off of TV but that will suffice.

city dump

Author: twillia5 from United States
23 March 2005

the City Dump story was a very personal one for me as one of the main players for CCNY that year (Floyd Layne)was the reason myself and many other young men from the SouthBronx and Harlem were able to survive and become successful. Floyd Lane was also my junior college coach at Queensboro C.C. After playing for him i received a scholarship to the University of Texas At El Paso. Floyd Lane is the primary reason for my getting the opportunity to be something in life. He taught us many life lessons away from the basketball court. So if anyone out there has a copy of the Documentary or if anyone knows how to get a copy of the Documentary please contact me at my email address.