IMDb > Bring It On (2000) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Bring It On

Bring It On More at IMDbPro »

Page 13 of 39: [Prev][8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22] [23] [Next]

Better Than Average

Author: Max Mooney (maxmooney@hotmail.com) from Honolulu, HI
21 October 2002

In a drought of good teen-focused comedies, Bring It On (along with Clueless) ranks up there with the best of the Hughes teen comedies of the 80s... funny, smart and entirely watchable (more than once) for audiences of all ages. Kirsten Dunst and Eliza Dushku prove to be better than average comedic actors.

a surprisingly good movie

Author: monica555 from Canada
20 October 2002

I'm the type of person who doesn't really consider cheerleading a sport. so i avoided this movie for a couple of years, but eventually i decided that i should see it. After seeing this movie i couldn't believe how good it was. I mean it was good enough that i watched it again with in the next few days. So even if you are not a fan of cheerleading take the time to watch this movie.

The Lighter Side Of Teen Movies

Author: Shep from United States
11 October 2002

2000 was still the Golden Age of teen movies, which started in 1999. Most of these movies were terrible, but every now and then, a gem would occur. This is one of those gems, with realistic and funny potrayal of the trials and tribulations of high school teenagers.

B, **1/2 out of ****, 3/5 stars, 7/10

I found it very giddy and fun.

Author: Fabiana from Canada
3 October 2002

I found "Bring It On" very interesting and fun. I like chick flicks so this was a good movie for me. I also like to cheerlead, I find it can be just like gymnastics and I did cheerlead at my old school so I found I kind of related to this movie. Kirsten Dunst did an excellent job in lead, I didn't know she could cheerlead and do gymnastics like that!! Wow.

* * * out of 4.

Author: Brandon L. Sites (brandonsites1981@yahoo.com) from USA
27 September 2002

Cheerleader capitan (Kirsten Dunst) is shocked to discover that all the routines used in cheerleader competitions passed down from their old capitan are all stolen routines from an urban high school. With very little time left untill nationals, the film follows the cheerleaders as they try to come up with a new routine. Break neck pace, exciting cheerleader routines, cute characterizations, tight direction, winning screenplay, appealing cast, and a really solid message make this sleeper hit extra special.

Rated PG-13; Profanity.

Good, but not great

Author: WaltDinLV from Las Vegas, NV
26 September 2002

Okay, the cheerleading was fantastic. The acting was okay. The script was okay, kinda run-of-the-mill. No surprises here. I can't figure out why it's rated PG-13, I think a PG would have suited it fine, which is another disappointment.

Teen movies today (and this IS a teen movie -- If not, a family movie), have gotten "cleaned up" in a way I don't always care for. Gone are the days of TnA movies like Porky's, Revenge of the Nerds, and Fast Times at Ridgemont High. Seeing teen movies is tolerable that if they're not great, you get a little bit of nudity, and you pass the time that much easier. This is one of many reasons why the American Pie series is so successful.

So Bring it On is a good movie for the family, especially girls (helping self esteem, girl power, and all that) but certainly not titillating in any way. 9-26-02

fun movie for teenagers

Author: Ashley (ShortCuteBlonde) from washington state, USA
22 September 2002

as a girl teenager, i liked this movie, i think most girls did, it was a fun and funny, good and well acted movie, kirsten dunst did great and so did all of the other actors and actresses, i cant remember if this movie won any awards but i hope it did cause it deserved it.

Anyone else notice that her name was Torrance, and the teams name was the Torros?

Author: (canadian_eh88@yahoo.de) from Merritt, British Columbia
15 September 2002

I know its not the same word, but still, they're close. I'm actually getting pretty sick of movies where its race against race, black vs. white. The rich white kids from the good side of town, and the poor black kids, from the rough side of town. Plus, they make cheerleading look like a rough, tough, hard, world. I'm against cheerleading. Cheerleaders always get all the breaks, have high expectations for the world, and are always skinny, big chested, kind of (excuse my language) slutty, and all the guys want them. This movie just makes the world worse.

The 21st Century Cult Movie

Author: horror69 from Australia
13 September 2002

Its was a Saturday Morning:

I went to the video store, i saw "Bring It On" on the shelf and got it out because all of the people at my school said it was really good.

I had NO idea what to expect, but after the introduction, you can tell its gonna be fantastic. Everything about this movie is entertaining on all levels. Actors, Setting, Script.

The Script is especially excellent, despite the kinda-done-it-all-before love story, it is fresh and witty.

I never thought i would care for for this movie, but after watching it once i was hooked, now i have seen it heaps of times , and i love it more every time.

Every person i know who has seen this has seen it more than 5 times. I believe it has such a following because of the constantly funky music throughout it making people wanna see it more and more. (MY example of the music theory is "The Rocky Horror Picture Show")

Go Get It, See It, But It. 10/10

Lots Of Sexy Women

Author: mark adams from Scotland
9 September 2002

When I was siting down to Watch This Film I Thought it was going to just a Bunch of Girls Cheerleading all the time But was I Wrong. This Film Has Some Very Very Funny Sences. The Leading Lady Torrance Shipman(Kirsten Dunst)is Very Cute And Funny. Her Rival Who is Played Gabby Union Is Also Very Good. Very Good Fun Loved It and Will Watch It Again.