IMDb > "Elf o karu mono-tachi" (1996) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Elf o karu mono-tachi" More at IMDbPro »

Author: xparasoulx
2 September 2002

The story is that three warriors are stranded in a foreign land or a fantasy land or something and they must piece together the 5 parts of an ancient book so that they can return to Japan. The funny part is that the 5 parts of the book are written on the bodies of 5 elves throughout the land. Naturally, they must travel the land stripping elves until they find the 5 parts.

Two of the main characters are hot females and the other one is an unbelievably stupid muscle-man who won 6 consecutive martial arts tournaments. He provides most of the laughs in the show, because about 4 times an episode he tries to get elves to strip naked and he is just a very stupid man in general.

The show is like a parody of fantasy/hentai anime, but is actually a very good show outside of just stripping elves. I recommend this to anyone who enjoys anime, because they are sure to see the humor in it. I think it is available in 2 volumes, 6 episodes a piece, 12 episodes total, so it would not be too costly to purchase the series.

noticeable improvement over first series

Author: gjhong from Canada
17 December 2003

As you may know this comedy series is about muscle-head Junpei, military-freak Ritsuko and actress Airi and their attempts to return to Japan from a strange fantasy world by searching for spell fragments that have attached themselves to the bodies of elves. I wasn't too thrilled by the first series because there seemed to be a lot of adlibs and yelling in the English dub. I am sure you will wonder why the elves wouldn't cooperate and look for the spell fragments on their own bodies rather than be humiliated each episode by those who strip elves. I guess there would be no series then. Otherwise you will wonder how Ritsuko manages to get supplies for her her tank in a world without modern technology. At least they came up with a "worlds merging" excuse in the first series to explain how they could understand the local languge.

The English cast is much the same for the second series with the voice of Celsia the elf elder being different. This time around the stories seem better. The writers make it clear that they want the series to keep going because now our heroes must find a thousand spell fragments. There are also a few stories where we learn something of the characters' past which is important since we really don't know anything about them. I rate it "B".