IMDb > The Soul Collector (1999) (TV) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

The Soul Collector (TV) More at IMDbPro »

Page 2 of 2:[1] [2]

I felt like a voyeur several times while watching Melissa Gilbert.

Author: watersshreve from United States
19 June 2005

I did not catch the very beginning of this movie, nor did I know anything about it beforehand, but I've been watching Melissa Gilbert since she was a kid and, while I do like her, I wasn't in the mood for Melissa. The low-budget quality of the production was also apparent in the first scene I watched, so I was thinking seriously of turning off the tube and hitting the sack. Glad I didn't, was enthralled to the very end. I figured out pretty quickly the nature of their budding relationship, but I did not attach much significance to anything metaphysical. What I saw was a single mom thickly ensconced in home turf, a new guy trying to hang around her awhile, and a bunch of suspicious and protective friends keeping sharp eyes on developments. I was suspicious myself, but very quickly got swept along in their escalating intimacies until I began to wonder if I ought to avert my eyes and give them privacy. I'm not going to pursue my curiosities about the motivations of the director of this movie, but I will keep my eyes peeled for others in the sex/religious genre.

A lovely movie

Author: BeenThere1969 from United States
25 August 2005

This is a wonderful movie, right there along with "It's A Wonderful Life" and "Miracle on 34th Street" of times past which were actually made before I was born, but I certainly came to love those movies. I don't know why people today think they have to have to have sex and violence to enjoy a movie. Also, there is a scripture that says "beware of entertaining angels unaware" (my paraphrase). There have been times in my life when I have helped someone who appeared questionable and certainly down and out, and I felt perhaps they were angels or were a test to see if I was like the Good Samaritan. I hope I passed! Take the time to enjoy this family movie with children and your elders. Everyone will enjoy it! Only the most hardhearted or jaundiced people would not enjoy it. It gets 10 stars for being a family treasure. - BeenThere

sappy feel good movie with poor ending

Author: GK-7 from Adelaide Australia
30 January 2001

This film one would think was a woman's film but the rating say otherwise. The chemistry between the female and male lead was the only interesting part of this film. If it was acting then that is impressive! Watch it if your not really wanting to get engaged because you won't.

the love song in Soul Collector

Author: PreciousAngel204 from United States
1 March 2006

I love the movie Soul Collector and I understand it's not on VHS or DVD, do you know if there are any plans for that and also how can I get the song "I'll Love You the Rest of My Life". I just love it and hope you can help,This movie is Awesome. A must for anyone who believes in true love. Gilbert is a superb actress and I love everything she has done. Her Co-Star is superb also and I love watching him in the roles he plays. I don't think there could have been a better match-up.I hope you can help me to find this song as I hope to use it in my son's upcoming wedding this summer. Once again this is one of the best movies I have seen in a long time with the exception of a Christmas one starring Melissa Gilbert. I love her in Little House on the Praire also. Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Great Film!

Author: GateofSunrise from Kansas City Missouri
27 June 2004

I enjoyed the film very much. The story is a good one, and makes one think about the subject matter. The romance between Gilbert and Greenwood is plausible. Fantasy or what if, this movie makes one, if only for the duration of the film, want to be one of the protagonists in the movie. As for Angels coming down to earth in human form, this is no longer possible for them today. Before the flood they could, but not after. Read Genesis chapter 6 verses 1 to 3, and Genesis chapter 7 verses 21 to 23 in the Old Testament of the Bible. For those interested, this is why there is no more mention of Angels in any other part of the Bible coming down to earth in human form. The appearance of, and actual flesh are two entirely different things. But I digress. Watch this movie, if nothing else, on a night when there is nothing else to do or watch, you will enjoy it!

Spare us all...

Author: suessis
30 August 2001

One of the reasons why I tuned into this show was because I like Bruce Greenwood's work, but, after watching as much of it as I could stomach, I can only hope that Bruce was paid well.

This is a complete turkey from start to finish. The script has some serious problems not the least of which is believability. The chemistry between Greenwood and Gilbert is nonexistent and their love scenes seem rather contrived. I finally stopped watching after the scene in the stable. The only performance in this that was any good was Ossie Davis as Mordecai. When Greenwood plays off of Davis he manages to actually put in a effort where as other times he seems to be going through the motions.

A friend of mine told me that this movie was based on an equally unbelievable historical romance. Why any network would want to put time and money into a movie based on a bad novel God only knows.

Is the soul collector an angel, or the devil who promotes sex outside of marriage.

Author: craigawa from United States
27 August 2005

Like many religious movies and TV shorts that the industry makes, the industry seems to be confused in regards to God and His Will. Such was the case with "The Soul Collector". I was enjoying watching the movie till it was implied that the soul collector or angel had sex relations outside of marriage. I don't know of any religion that condones sex outside of marriage, but they would probably say that it was that sin that greatly contributes to the population in hell. This movie was sacrilegious and greatly disrespectful to the Angels of God, by implying that any messengers of God would perform any act that is strictly against God's law. I am surprised that the movie was recently shown on "Lifetime (Original)" on Cox cable,if I am correct? If the movie or TV industry cannot make a religious movie without showing the messengers of God having teenage puberty sex outside of marriage, then they should not make any religious movie, because they do not know how to make a religious movie. Sincerely, Craig.

Page 2 of 2:[1] [2]