In the criminal justice system, sexually based offenses are considered especially heinous. In New York City, the dedicated detectives who investigate these vicious felonies are members of an elite squad known as the Special Victims Unit. These are their stories. Written by
Still New York's finest. (season 19)
See more »
Did You Know?
The badge numbers for each Detetive is as follows
- Detective Elliot Stabler's shield number is 6313.
- Detective (later Lieutenant) Olivia Benson's shield number is 4015.
- Detective Odafin "Fin" Tutuola's shield number is 3198.
- Detective Nick Amaro's shield number is 0840.
- Detective Dominick Carisi Jr.'s shield number is 0188.
- Detective Amanda Rollins' badge number is 0458.
The series is ostensibly based on the NYPD's Special Victims Division, but the SVD wasn't established until 2003, four years after the series premiered. See more
[Looking through a victim's purse for ID
No jewelry. I always carry at least a pair of earrings in my purse.
Yeah, like you carry a purse.
That's 'cause you carry it for me.
From the second episode of the second season (2000-2001), the opening credits break the pattern followed by the earlier episodes of SVU, the original Law & Order, and Criminal Intent. Instead of the credits ending with a shot of the cast walking towards the camera, they instead are shown sitting around a desk. See more
Referenced in Speed: Elevated Voltage
I'm Not Driving Anymore
Written and Performed by Rob Dougan See more