Panorama (TV Series 1953– ) Poster

(1953– )

2 ReviewsOrdered By: Helpfulness
The BBC's long running current affairs show
Chris Gaskin11 April 2006
I didn't realise Panorama had been running for over 50 years until I looked it up on IMDb, it started in 1953. I thought it started in around the 1960's.

It is the BBC's programme that looks into current news items in detail. We have had programmes about the Royal Family, politics, wars, the NHS, the state of Britain's railways etc. There have been special investigations into current stories as well.

Plenty of different presenters over the years include Richard Dimbleby, Sara Barclay, Martin Bashir, David Dimbleby, Jane Corbin and Jeremy Paxman.

Panorama is now usually screened on BBC1 on Sunday night at 10.15, just after the News. It use to be on Mondays at 9.30. Each show lasts about 40 minutes although sometimes it's on for an hour.

Long may Panoarma continue.
9 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
A ridiculous and worthless precis of British Culture.
notom-2301210 October 2017
As 'News' or 'Documentary' this programme is absolutely WORTHLESS.

However, as Propaganda - it's the equivalent of 'Lord Haw-Haw' radio broadcasts during the 2nd world war.

It's sheer inability to convey true information is pretty much unparalleled, within its 30 minute boundaries, yet it still manages to push across the ideals and idea's of its masters.

If, you really want to consider a 'fact' as truth - watch this sh*t and choose the opposite.
1 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this