IMDb > The Diver (2000) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

The Diver More at IMDbPro »Dykaren (original title)

Great scenery and footage, but is it enough?

Author: GambitSWE from Landvetter, Sweden
7 January 2000

I had waited quite a while for this movie, since I was there for a couple of days when they shot it in Göteborg. I must say that I´m disappointed with it. I think that the story could evolve much more than it did, and that the director Erik, could cut some of the "remembering flashes" that Stefan Sauk had. Especially at the end when he was diving for the diamonds. One moment he saw his dead wife in the depth, and a minute after that he was bleeding on the deck. It´s a shame, cause I had some problems following the story there. A large plus is that the scenery is fantastic, only that saved the movie from being a large disaster. For those who haven´t seen it, don´t. For those who intend to see it, be gentle about your opinion.

I good movie I think

Author: Olle L (runnerludd@yahoo.com) from Stockholm, Sweden
14 February 2002

I think this was a good movie. Sure there are a lot of "plot holes" and the ending was a bid bad. But altogether a good movie. Stefan Sauk and Isabella Scorupco are great in their roles. We need movies like this when you dont have to think and just watch. It isn't to long either that is good I think movie that are 2.5 hours or more are to long .. I Love the comment in the end "Diamonds are forever" that Klaus Maria Brandenauer makes. He was in a Bond-movie himself.

not so bad as it may seem

Author: Valery from Odessa, UA
9 August 2002

I saw this movie only once and I guess it's not so boring(I was watching it not since the very beginning, it may be the reason) as some people had already said. I'm not greatly familiar with Swedish or Dutch actors that's why my sight was caught by Isabella Scorupco and Alexander Domogarov,I like and respect him much. I agree, movie has big holes in the plot, little bit stereotypic heroes, false story about Russian mob. I'm Russian and I felt the lack of emotions, though it may be the peculiarity of North. The great thing ,I can thank authors for, is genuinly caught the features of Russian temper - this ability to be on maximum point of feelings, nevermind whether it's love or hatred. As one American said: "Stupid but very romantic". The end is also charming. Domogarov's hero could take Scorupco's hero as hostage and try to deal with his enemy, but he shot himself and sank, and before he said he loved her. I'm not crazy about stupid romantical movies but this one I liked. Nice , charming and I don't think my evening was wasted.

....

Author: eriksson.thomas from Lysekil
4 January 2000

I think, to be a Swedish/Norwegian film, it´s pretty good. Setfan Suak is a brilliant actor and so is Izabella Scorupco.... It´s a very "Hollywood" film. Very proffesional. The story itself is to thin i think. And the film is not so very long either. Aruound 90min. If you are from Sweden, go see it. If your'e not, don't. Rating: 5/10

So bad that it's funny! Silly ending...

Author: Happy-36 from Stockholm, Sweden
30 November 2001

It is a miserable movie. Actually, it's so awful, that it is amusing. The end is downright silly. Goofy bad guys. It doesn't seem to be the actors fault though, rather a bad script. This movie can also be used as a introductory guide to how NOT to use product placement. Enjoy.

An unnecessary film

Author: helge_iversen from Bergen, Norway
8 July 2002

This film is not worth seeing. I saw it without reading anything about it in advance and it took me more than half the film to understand anything about the plot. This is not a bad thing in itself if the movie manages to catch your interest, but this film far from managed to do so. It was just plain boring with an extremely thin story and no surprising turn of events. When it was over I asked myself "was that it?" and yawned. The acting is not too bad, but the movie is.