Did You Know?
It's one of the tales of rock mythology that Arthur Brown
accidentally set fire to himself while performing "Fire" on Top Of The Pops. Not so, as the incident actually happened when he performed the song on "Time for Blackburn". He was performing with a colander on his head in which was placed a large candle when the burning wax began to drip all over him. Fraught staff at Southern Television's studios in Southampton rushed to assist him and to stop any flames spreading. Sadly, the master tape of the show is presumed lost. See more
Followed by The Saturday Crowd