IMDb > "Third Watch" (1999) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Third Watch"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"Third Watch" More at IMDbPro »

Page 1 of 6:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [Next]

Excellent Show

Author: (babysisv@yahoo.com) from Denver, CO
9 February 2004

Third watch is a great show. It's nice to have something to watch that isn't so predicable and keeps you on the edge of your seat. Let's all be honest...there's a lot of crap on t.v. therefore, third watch is a life saver 10/10

Where is the DVD??

Author: KWYJIBO7611 from Bellerose, NY
6 November 2004

Third Watch is a great show. I have been waiting for so long for it to become available on DVD! Does anyone know why the DVDs are available in Japan and not is the U.S.? I don't plan on doing anything on Fridays because that is Third Watch Night in my house. Even as some characters leave or die and new ones are introduced, my family has remained loyal to it. When it was on Mondays, my husband gave up an hr of watching MNF to watch 3rd Watch. If there is anyone out there who reads this and can do anything to help bring it to DVD, PLEASE HELP! With so many other crappy shows out of DVD after a season (uh..Nick & Jessica?) how can anyone let this show go on this long without releasing it on DVD!?

The best

Author: xeneize007 from arg
8 June 2002

take NYPD Blue and mix it it with ER and some firemen TV show and you'll get 3rd W. I specially like the politically incorrect characters and how they complement each other, and the way they treated the 9/11 stuff without much patriotism and low punches. The best in US TV nowadays

Come Back To Us !!

Author: Linda Fatheree from United States
6 July 2006

I loved this show. I lived to watch this show every week. It had action, compassion, love, hate, thrills, you name it. Why was this show taken off the air? My god. They leave the soap operas on for years and years and then you get a wonderful show like this and they take it off. I don't understand. There was never a dull moment on this show. Always something going on. I sure wish they would start it up again. It would be sooooo great. I always wanted Bosco to hook up with Faith. Now that would have been so great. They had a chemistry going. That let me down when they did not at least kiss. You know they wanted to...haha Sad in Louisiana, Linda

The show still rules on NBC for 5 seasons and counting on Monday nights

Author: (Totallyrad80@aol.com) from New York, NY
13 October 2003

I know I was going to check out the show when I heard John Welles was doing which his shows are good and I am a fan of Eddie Cibrian (going back to his days from "The Young and the Restless"), which was another factor to draw me to watch this show and have to always let shows get time to develop about the characters, but I was hooked. The actors (besides Eddie and Michael Beach) I never knew of so it wasn't any big names but they pulled themselves as this group and it was never amateur.

The first season I liked and it did have a premise about how they all fit into the premise of the story, and I saw they changed in the second season where they formatted into taking 1 character each week and the story revolved around that character for the week so whatever character that wasn't focused always had something coming up. But it has become more of a show that I was surprised that lasted longer than I thought. Thank you NBC to keep this show because as they changed a lot of time slots I thought maybe this might be the last season (i.e. "Monday Night Football", "Everybody Loves Raymond", "Ally McBeal" (which it turned out to be the one that didn't get renewed as it was their last season)and now possibly "CSI Miami"). And besides its so good that 85% of the show is shot on location in NY that they have a lot of space to show it and despite what NY went through after 9/11. But only one thing I'm not over. "Why did they have to kill Alex Taylor?" Amy Carlson was one of my favorites on the show!!!!!

intriguing, draws viewer in

Author: Western from United States
17 October 2006

Watching THIRD WATCH is like reading a good book I just can't put down. I'm not one to "get hooked" on programs, like soaps, but THIRD WATCH got me good! I only wish I'd seen the original airings. I don't want to miss a single episode of this action packed series. The viewer is drawn in to the actors' characters causes and effects. The lives of the characters are deeply affected by their jobs as fire fighters, police person, or paramedics. The cast are excellent actors and perfect choices for their characters. It's difficult to pick a favorite character as all the interactions and relationships are just perfect. I can't say enough good about this drama, except it's terrible it was canceled after the 6th season. However, give everyone involved with the program credit for putting an ending to the series. Knowing the ending doesn't made a difference with wanting to watch the previous episodes.

Very good show

Author: JLJ061 from KC, Missouri
15 December 2003

I have been a big fan of Third Watch since day one. Though it has had its ups and downs I will remain loyal to the end, which I hope will not be anytime soon! It's tough to see characters come and go on the show, I enjoyed seeing Alex and Lt. Johnson (both killed off last season), but Sasha Monroe (Nia Long) makes a great partner for Bosco; not many people can match his kind of mentality! Many people will argue that the show does not match the every day realism of the NYPD/FDNY, but then again, what show does?

I give it a 9/10.

Smart, crisp, nailbiter

Author: slim-44 from United States
27 March 2000

Third Watch is a fast paced, enjoyable show that I hope will stick around. I have to agree with another reviewer that NBC has jerked this show around by moving it around the schedule. What are they going to do in fall 2000--when Monday night football comes back? Anyway, I feel that ER has run its course and this show has the makings of picking up the "high adrenaline show" mantle and running off with it. Good show!

A Third Watch Fan

Author: Alonzo Golden (Anewactor@aol.com)
6 January 2003

I've been a fan of Third Watch for quite a while, as it consists of a very culturally diverse and talented cast. As an actor myself, I was once fortunate enough to be an extra on the show and found it to be a most enjoyable experience, meeting some of the cast who were not only professional but also very friendly. I'm also a City University of New York Campus Peace Officer and find the show to successfully incorporate real issues within each episode, such as relationship situations (between the officers of the various departments), personal issues like child care concerns, marital problems, etc., as well as most of the official procedures which the uniformed Officers (Police, Fire & Emergency Medical Technicians) utilize in the performance of their duties. The portrayals of the characters by the cast is wonderful, as they succeed in bringing each character to 3 dimensional life! You get the feeling that these are real folks you could actually run into while walking down a New York City street. (Yes, all their performances are that good!!) The action in the show is great, combining the perfect amount of gritty realism and excitement with (at times), a dash of humor. I enjoy the show very much & hope it continues to have a nice long run!! I really like this show and feel that it is the best hour of quality viewing on televsion. Fantastic work by all the cast and crew!!

beats ER

Author: ivana from toronto
30 September 1999

There are 6 words to describe this tv show: fast, emotional, funny, heartwarming, real, better then ER.

Plus the actors are great and some of them cute. Just imagen ER 2 times better.

This is THE drama of 99.