IMDb > "Guinness World Records: Primetime" (1998) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Enjoyable for what it is

Author: watcher130 from London
23 July 2008

I remember when this first come on TV and I was into Record breaking at this time of my life so I quite enjoyed it. It had a wide of variety of record breakers ranging from the weird to the wonderful and I think it also had that person who could make their eyes pop out of their head (still not sure what record this person actually broke) but the strangest thing I remember from this programme was when they introduced the world's oldest office junior. I remember his name was Martin Cornelius (like the Planet of the Apes film which was funny because he looked a bit like a chimp) and everyone applauded while he preceded to empty bins and make cups of tea. It was all very surreal but you had to admire his abilities. Anyway, all in all, a very entertaining programme although maybe for the wrong reasons.

This show rules!!!

Author: Pat-88
17 May 1999

Unbelieveable! When you watched this show, You will not believe your eyes. Man who eat worms and even the man with the longest finger nails. This show rocks the house!

Sometimes this show get pretty gross, but that is what make the show so great.

The best show in the world

Author: talon-17 (talon@sedona.net) from Sedona, AZ
8 August 2000

Guinness World Records is by far the best show ever, it is amazing to see what people are capable of. Even though it may be gross at times, it does not have sex or violence. It is also touching, the stories about people's recoveries.

THIS SHOW IS NASTY!!!

Author: Beaumont-4 from Hamilton, Ontario
18 December 1999

It's sick! When did famous world records transform from being amazing, unbelievable physical stunts performed by people to the world's largest brain tumor. Sometimes those ones are cool, like the world's fattest man, and what not. But brain tumors!? Come on! If I wanted to see that, I'd become a doctor!