IMDb > "Good Day L.A." (1993) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Good Day L.A." More at IMDbPro »

Act your age Jillian...

Author: la_angel322 from United States
11 April 2006

I want to like Jillian but I just can't seem to stomach her in the morning. I hate staring at her boobs first thing in the morning, I mean...is she reporting the news or going to a club @ 7am? She's unprofessional, misinformed, offensive and just plain obnoxious. I watch in the morning more as a joke, to hear who got voted off American Idol and to remind myself that women over 30 should never act like Jillian does, it's just so unappealing. Put your cell phone away when you're on TV Jillian, leave a little more to the imagination, and wear your shoes when you're reporting the weather. Can't FOX afford to pay a more respectable reporter??

Talk about annoying!

Author: derekb27 (derekb27@aol.com) from IN
11 July 2003

I seriously cannot stand this show. I've seen it a few times and I am done with it. The hosts are extremely annoying and cannot stop talking over one another. And the sexual double entendres and innuendos are nonstop. They also do not know how to conduct an interview. The celebrities usually end up in the middle of the interview with a "kill me now" expression on their faces. I pray to God they cancel this soon.

Do not bother watching this show

Author: Donna wonderbee from United States
25 August 2011

I have to admit that I watched this show for a year with hubby in the mornings for a year some time ago. We would always comment on the animosity you could feel between Jillian and Dorthy. Especially when Jillian (prior to having kids) would throw cheap shots to Dorthy who was already a mom. Now that Jillian is a mom too you can hear she has toned down just a bit. Either way, what I found most annoying is how these anchors insist on commenting about themselves. I just want to know the news and it was hard getting that on this show. The true professional was Steve Edwards and I know he was the only reason why I watched the show for so long. Recently, I tuned back into the show to see what it was up to and just looking at Jillian and Dorthy annoy me for I do not feel genuineness from either of them. Anyway, I switch to KTLA and I have been happy with the morning news ever since. The staff is funny, professional, and provide up to date news quickly.

Let's face it, people...

Author: charcoalactivity from California, United States
10 August 2006

When I first tuned in on this morning news, I thought, "wow, finally, some entertainment." It was slightly amusing for a week or so... But we have to face it, these news reporters (if one can even call them that) have WAY TOO MUCH "playing around" time.

At first, I thought Jillian was a breathe of fresh air. But seriously, this woman has got not the least bit of journalist in her. She is very unprofessional. She keeps on interrupting Steve when he starts informing the viewers about a certain news report. It's just really become annoying to the point that I can't watch it anymore.

Jillian is NOT a good journalist. Hell, she's more of a celebrity who loves being a celebrity. Hence, she instantly transforms into a celebrity around celebrities whom she's supposed to be interviewing. She's not very professional and quite possibly perceives her relationship with celebrities more important than being a rightfully insatiable journalist- and that's all I can say about her.

Also (disappointingly), this show has more entertainment news than necessary news reports about the world, the government, the US, or something that will benefit and/or serve the public's best interest. They're too focus on sensationalism that everything they talk about comes off as a commercial product. On the other hand, their field reporters are interestingly tolerable...

I believe "Good Day LA" is for young teenagers and celebrities, and it is definitely not for people who actually CARE about the news.

SIDE NOTE: (I'd really rather watch KTLA. However, they try so hard to be entertaining sometimes. They're still a bit dull though. Oh well, I'll stick to NBC's "Today." ABC's "Good Morning America" is also okay... as long as Diane Sawyer doesn't become way too serious.)

Best talk show around!!

Author: mikki727 from Chicago
1 October 2002

I don't have a good day if I don't see Good Day Live!! This is one of the best shows around. Steve, Jillian & Dorothy have amazing chemistry. They will do or say anything that comes to their minds which makes this show different than any other daytime talk shows. Move over Regis & Kelly!!

headachemania

Author: rott21 from Paola, Kansas
5 December 2003

This show is absolutley obnoxious and annoying. I get a headache within the first 10 minutes into the show. If that's when I accidentally stumble on to it because there's nothing else to watch. The host is pretty cool though. The hostess's are utterly jackhammer annoying.

Funny cast, hot gossip and great hair!

Author: punkybrewster151 from california
28 March 2002

Funny cast, hot gossip and great hair. This is the best local morning news show ever, it really wakes me up! Jillian Barberie, Steve Edwards and Dorothy Lucey have great chemistry and they are hilarious. Im a big fan and i have been for a long time.

Not Intended to be "Real" News

Author: Jason (jevga82) from Los Angeles, CA
27 July 2005

Sorry people, you might be annoyed at this show, but the fact is, it's mostly entertainment. Hate it or love it, the hosts are just as annoying as the KTLA Morning News Team! Depending on what each individuals idea of "funny" is. The hosts have great chemistry and have done very well in ratings, often beating The Today Show in local ratings. The spin off, "Good Day Live" was great until they fired Jillian Barberie, then Dorothy and ratings went down 10% and finally got canceled. The local show, however continues to prove successful, as it recently extended its breakfast cast to three hours. For the one who said that this show should be canceled, it's highly unlikely. Given the fact that it's still the Fox 11 Morning News, and you can't cancel a morning news program. It's a public service. You could do yourself a favor, however. If you don't like it, change the channel!