IMDb > Nazis: The Occult Conspiracy (1998) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Nazis: The Occult Conspiracy More at IMDbPro »

An interesting documentary

Author: action-6 from Froland, Norway
2 May 2000

Nazis-the occult conspiracy is a documentary about how the Hitler and the Nazis made use of occultism to win the war, and to remind the Germans that they were the best humans on the planet, the master-race. There are better documentaries around, but this is a solid documentary. There are many rare pictures from Nazi-Germany to be seen here, and you get to learn more about the religous beliefs of nazi-leaders like: Hitler, Goebbles, Göring, Hess and Himmler. I can`t advice people enough to watch documentaries about Nazi-Germany, because they show how crazy and evil humans can be.

Very interesting

Author: Violet121179 from United States
24 March 2007

I honestly thought at first that the documentary must have exaggerated the role that cult practices played in the Third Reich- it starts off by claiming that the Nazis believed they were the descendants of Atlantis, which left me smirking. But the film does a very good job of tying the "Nazi religion" into the Nazi death camps, eugenics programs, and propaganda. It does flag a bit when dealing with astrology near the end, and I would have liked to have learned more about the psychological effect of the realization that the "Master Race" had been defeated. But much of the film is fascinating. It also includes clips from films of Nazi rituals and events that are just jaw-dropping. They make the Nazi party look like the biggest cult of the twentieth century- which, according to the film, it pretty much was.

One point that I would have liked the film to have clarified is that Otto Rahn's death is believed to have been a suicide. Rahn had been assigned to a year of guard duty at Dachau and afterward seems to have been disturbed at the realization of what his nation had become.

Other than that, this is an excellent film- disturbing without being exploitative, and full of details but rarely boring.