IMDb > "The Demon Headmaster" (1996) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"The Demon Headmaster" More at IMDbPro »

the demon headmaster - a classic

Author: miss gee from london, england
22 April 2005

There are some reviews on here, how the demon headmaster isn't very good. Well i watched this series first hand, coming home from school to watch it every Wednesday (as i remember) and i loved it! It was the talk of the school, everyone loved it, to watch it now first hand wouldn't be fair, as its years old to criticise it!! the second series wasn't as good, but the demon headmaster is brilliant!!! and it gave me and all my friends, great entertainment when we were kids!! The demon headmaster has to be a classic kids program!! i loved it!! I remember the way his eyes use to go, and hypnotise the characters, and the growing plants. i think most people who watched it after school, would agree it was one of the best kid programs!

Great books, great TV series

Author: TheLittleSongbird from United Kingdom
8 August 2010

Even as a child I loved the books, they were well written, interesting and funny and the character of The Demon Headmaster stuck in my head for a long time. Apart from one or two underused secondary characters, this was very good. As an adaptation it sticks true to the books' spirit, and is just as well written and interesting. And yes, The Demon Headmaster is very memorable here.

The production values are pretty good, same with the music, while the script has a good balance of humour and intelligence and the story is interesting and doesn't meander. The characters are great, Dinah is smart and brave and Lloyd and Harvey bring a smart and light-hearted touch. But I have to say The Demon Headmaster is the best character of all. The acting I had little problem with, Terence Hardimann is especially excellent in the title role, very cold and terrifying.

In conclusion, a great series and a solid adaptation too. 9/10 Bethany Cox

Forget Harry Potter meet Splat!

Author: keith-125 from Manchester
11 December 2002

I picked up this film in a dodgy part of the city, thinking it might be fun. It didn't seem too old and was produced by the BBC. Firstly the plot is your usual evil headmaster trying to take over the world. This story is very similar to a book i once read called 'My Teacher is an Alien'. Anyway, don't be put off by the child-heavy cast, the acting is not bad, compared to the first Harry Potter film.

The brothers are great-fun in a Weasley Twins kind of way. Dinah is sort of a Harry/Hermione fusion, being the main character, smart, brave, and an orphan. The rest of the gang are under-used, Ingrid is sassy, Ian is the scared one, and i forget who the last one is.