IMDb > Seventeen Again (2000) (TV) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Seventeen Again (TV) More at IMDbPro »

Tia and Tamera were excellent

Author: AnimagusGirl from USA
20 October 2002

This was a wonderful movie. Tia especially was excellent. My friend and I rented a movie, and she was like, "This looks really boring." After she saw it, soon afterwards, we voted what movie she liked best. She spoke two words, "Seventeen" and "Again." This movie (in my book) is 5 stars. Now, I'm the kind of person who allows people to have their own opinion, but really, this movie WAS excellent. I cannot imagine why this is not that popualar. It should be, and I suggest you go see it immeadately. :) Luv to all.

This movie rocks

Author: RisingStar12 from United States
27 July 2005

This movie rocks! It is a good movie! If you like sister sister then you will love this movie! It is about a grandma and grandpa who come to watch over the kids while the parents go away to visit their friend who just had a baby. The grandparents don't get along and fight. Willie does an experiment and aciddenlty leaves the soap that he worked on on the grandparents bathroom. The next morning they wake up to find they have turned seventeen. So the grandma goes to school with Sydney and the grandpa makes some new friends. It has a good message in it. Everyone does a great job in this film and it is not just a kids movie! Give this movie a chance! You will be surprised!

Pretty good for a twin movie made for young kids

Author: NeCRo (necr0man99@aol.com) from Cali
22 November 2000

Like the subject says it's a pretty good twin movie made for kids. It was exactly what I expected. Young kid humor with tons of lame but good acting, you could tell this was a family oriented movie. I normally don't like these types but it was on showtime so i thought what the hell, might as well watch it. I was pretty surprised to have liked it as much as i did, but i did and i recommend it to anyone who likes either family friendly movies or just a lighthearted comedy.

Great movie!!!

Author: mar-mel from San Diego, California
13 February 2003

Spoilers Ahead:

Willie (Tahj Mowry) loves to do experiments and when one experiment goes bad, some of the mixture spills on a box of soap. Willie's grandparents, who are divorced and hate each other, come to visit and accidently use that soap. They both become 17 (they used to be 67) again, and decide to live life to the fullest this time around. Young Grandma Cat (Tamera Mowry looks just like Willie's older sister, Sydney (Tia Mowry, Tamera's twin sister) and they use that to get a boy that Sydney likes to like her, and the end result is that Grandma Cat and Grandpa Gene fall in love again, and once Willie finds a cure for the de-aging and the grandparents are 67 years old again, they begin planning a second marriage for Cat and Gene.

This is a great, great movie!

THIS SHOW IS FANTASTIC!

Author: amanda_jo4 from United states
14 November 2000

i recommend this show for anyone who feels they do not fit in with where they live. and for any teenage girl that thinks they need to marry early. in my opinion that is what Cat& Gene did and Cat was too scared to go to new places. Her granddaughter Sid did the same thing she was afraid to like her new town. Sid and Cat learned their mistakes together.

Very cute! Perfect movie for family night!

Author: blondieblondze from Minnesota
24 November 2000

This movie is very cute. It's great to see all of the Mowry children in one movie together. The story is about the son Willie (played by Taj Mowry) who is a scientist. He is trying to create a youth formula. By accident his grandparents become exposed to this and turn "seventeen again". This also causes them to begin to reminisce and realize that they still have feelings for each other. This leads to a lot of mayhem considering that now Sydney (Tia Mowry) has a twin. (With her being new in town nobody really knows the difference.) Will the grandparents get back to their true ages? You'll have to watch the movie, but its well worth it.

This movie was so... o.k

Author: carnagebladeproductions from United States
11 July 2011

You may think that 6/10 is a bit low for an O.K movie, but it's so just O.K. Nothing really rises above what the regular formula for this type of movie is, mainly with Disney Movies for sure. To make the movie good, you need an X-Factor or X-Factor moment, something to set it apart from the other movies of this type. Like in Toy Story it's all the background and stunning visuals and great acting. In this, it's just that same, overused formula. The plot is that the Grandparents of a family are coming over for a while. Also the young boy seen on the cover of the movie is a scientist capable of making things 45 years of biological experiments couldn't even derive. Oh yeah the girl on the cover as well? She's the sister, and with her is her grandma, who is has now turned back to 17 years old, but more on that later. So the sister has boy problems and... well you know how it goes. So the kid is making something, probably deadly... well it gets knocked over into soap, the grandparents use the soap and now they're 17 again. The daughter is really just a plot device more then a character, as the grandma and boy are much, much more important to the story. The grandma has to go to the girl's school, and you know these famous twins. They look exactly alike so everyone thinks that the grandma is actually her. Never seen that before. So, it's pretty much all filler until the boy get the right combination of most likely deadly chemicals and pours that into a pool that the grandparents jump into and they are turned back into elders. I was expecting it to say, "And they all lived happily ever after." in that weird Roman Old Times writing. Although it not necessarily s good movie, that filler part is actually pretty amusing, and the acting isn't as bad as you'd think.In conclusion, to watch alone when you're bored, there are other choices, as for watching it with your family, it's tolerable for parents and good for kids.

"I'm seventeen again!"

Author: MyOwnWorld13 from Usa
7 February 2004

I think this movie is really good. The two divorced grandparents who seem to hate eachother's guts realize they still love eachother when they become seventeen.

Grandmother Kat tries to make Grandpa Jean jealous by going out with Sydney, her granddauther's crush, Todd. The popular girl wants Jean, and thinks Kat, who's pretending to be Sydney, wants Jean too.

Sydney has other problems. She loved her life in L.A., only now they moved to the small town, which she hates. she can't seem to fit in, and the popular girl doesn't help at all.

The grandparents become seventeen again by Will, the grandson's experiment which went out of control and spilled onto the grandparents' soap. When they used the soap, this caused them to become seventeen.

All the events happen while the parents are back off in L.A. to help an Aunt with her baby, and the grandparents are "baby-sitting."

I love the music in this movie too. I love the scene where the two grandparents go dancing in that place with all the jazz. I love that kind of music.

Overall, this movie is very good in my opinion. The Mowry twins and their younger brother do very well with their characters. Tahj(sp?) was in a few scenes, but his character played a big part in the story, making the expiriment and all.

It's a happy ending. Grandparents are grandparents again, and planned a wedding- again. :)

AMAZING!!!

Author: (kraz954@aol.com) from USA
24 November 2001

This is the sweetest movie I have seen in a very long time! I absolutely loved it ...I saw it twice the first day. I laughed and cried and it was sooo good to watch such a great movie with so much wonderful talent! I loved every part of it and everything about it!Can anyone hep me find tracks that were on it?...PLEASE!!!!!

Should NOT be rated "G"-Parents of children beware before watching!!!

Author: stephonelson from United States
20 August 2011

I was extremely surprised to find the content of this movie which was rated "G" for TV. The movie is very cute and I expected it to be similar to a lot of Disney movies such as Twitches, etc. But, sitting with my daughter, I was shocked to see a scene where the students are being taught how to place a condom on an erect penis. It actually says those words and shows the teacher placing the condom on her finger. Definitely not appropriate for a "G" rated movie at all!!! I was lucky enough to snatch the remote and hit the forward button before my daughter heard the full content. The rest of the show is very cute and made for families. Parents beware of this before sitting down with your family to watch this movie!!