Edit
Hansel and Gretel (1954) Poster

Trivia

The production studio was a former church on E. 2nd St. in Manhattan (near Houston St.). It was a two-story structure, ground floor had a fully equipped kitchen and rooms for offices, the second floor had a high ceiling and a balcony running around it. This per interview with Kermit Love, stop-motion animator, published in "Closeup" magazine #2, 1976.
1 of 1 found this interesting Interesting? | Share this
Share this: Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Permalink
The likeness of comedic opera diva Anna Russell was used for The Witch.
Is this interesting? Interesting? | Share this
Share this: Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Permalink
Martin Munkacsi, the director of photography, was a well-known fashion still photographer.
Is this interesting? Interesting? | Share this
Share this: Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Permalink
The stop-motion puppets were called "kinemins" by producer Michael Myerberg, who claimed they were controlled electronically. In truth, however, the only thing electronic was the electromagnetic plate that served as the floor of the sets and which kept the stop-motion figures in place. Interviews with Kermit Love and Don Sahlin, published in "Closeup" magazine #2, 1976.
Is this interesting? Interesting? | Share this
Share this: Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Permalink
This was the first American feature-length animated film not made by Disney since 1941's Mr. Bug Goes to Town (1941).
Is this interesting? Interesting? | Share this
Share this: Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Permalink
Re-released in 1972 as part of MGM's Children's Matinees package.
Is this interesting? Interesting? | Share this
Share this: Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Permalink

See also

Goofs | Crazy Credits | Quotes | Alternate Versions | Connections | Soundtracks

Contribute to This Page