IMDb > "Cutey Honey Flash" (1997) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Cutey Honey Flash" More at IMDbPro »"Kyûteî Hanî Flash" (original title)

Ai No Hikari Cutey Honey! Yurusanai!

Author: Odango Atama from Texas
17 October 1999

Normal teenaged girl Honey Kisiragi is angered after a gang kidnaps her father. With a special device, Honey becomes the savior, Cutey Honey. Her special weapon- the ability to transform into multiple disguises and identities. This is very different from the OAV series which was released several years back, since it is more girlish (like Sailor Moon) and less nudity is involved. The theme song was changed a bit, but still cool. I like this series.

What a fun anime series!

Author: Kai-18 from Anime Land
13 November 1999

It's just plain fun. I love a good anime and I think this is one a good one. It's certainly not the best but it's really fun. I think it realizes how cheesy it can be at times and has fun with it. And she has a transformation scene that makes sense (she's usually fighting or running when she transforms. I just hope the anime channel I've been hearing rumors about show this.

Full Circle

Author: xenophile2002 from Cosplay City
15 October 2008

The original show, in 1973, set the stage for all the action-oriented magic girls to follow. If there hadn't been a _Cutey Honey_, there probably would never have been a _Bishoujo Senshi Sailormoon_.

But there was a _Bishoujo Senshi Sailormoon_, and when it ended, something had to fill that time slot. So they got together some of the same people who had made Sailor Moon such a success, and did a brand new Cutey Honey series. This new CH series takes a lot of things from the Sailor Moon mythos, including a mysterious handsome guy with a flower! So: _Cutey Honey_ (1973) sets the stage, leading eventually to _Bishoujo Senshi Sailormoon_ - Sailor Moon makes mahou shoujo hugely popular - the new series _Cutey Honey Flash_ emulates Sailor Moon in many ways.

Full Circle