IMDb > Final Rinse (1999) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Final Rinse More at IMDbPro »

Should be a cult classic comedy

Author: Jason Butler (jaydeluxe) from Dublin, Ireland
9 February 2005

Caught this in Cannes a few years back at a late night screening and still remember it very fondly. It's stupid and over the top but just simply very funny. Think Dumb and Dumber crossed with Dirty Harry and a load of great music and live performances from The Dictators, Mars Needs Women etc... - Joey Ramone pops up several times as a great club manager. The plot isn't that important but deals with a cop on the trail of murderer who is offing rockers and giving the victims embarrassing hair don'ts.

This flick reminds me of those movies we'd all rent continuously from our video stores back in the good old days of the 80's when the covers where always drawn pictorial montages (way back before photoshop) and there was a few spots of mild female nudity worth pausing the tape for. A less-cynical, wild, let your hair down era that is ripe for rediscovery.

Who will save rock n' roll? It doesn't need our help, it's place in heaven is secure. As for this movie, it needs all the help it can get and it deserves it, spread the word, catch it if you can, it's worth it.