IMDb > Greener (2004) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Greener More at IMDbPro »

Good Movie

Author: ktnelson from United States
22 March 2005

Just saw a special screening and wanted to give the film-makers kudos for a job well done. Well acted and surprisingly touching. There were a lot of actors and actresses who were cast that made wonder where I had seen them before. Good casting all around. Parts of it seemed a little on the low-budget side, but they were so minor it's almost not worth mentioning. Having grown up in the Midwest, the movie really captured what it is like to live there and either - a)want to stay there, or - b)try like heck to get out. There's something in here for everyone to identify with. Mike and Matt obviously put a lot of their hearts and souls into the movie and it shows. Good movie.

Made for men, but women will love it!

Author: tiakara16 from Chicago, IL
29 April 2003

I just saw a screening of Greener and I was pleasantly surprised by its depth and sensitivity. I love independent films, and knowing a bit of the story behind the making of Greener, this was about as independent as it gets.

The movie centers around 3 men in their late 20's who are all having a hard time dealing with life, love, and family. There is the usual beer drinking and male bonding that you might expect, but the female characters were written and performed with grace. Appearances by Shemar Moore, John Kapelos, (one of my favorite actors who has appeared in a bunch of John Hughes' movies), and Joe Greco will certainly help this movie get the attention it deserves. Mike Leonardo as Rich definitely stood out, showing a full range of emotion - from comedy to drama. The entire movie was well-acted, and as a whole, the writing was superb.

Technically, the movie looks like it was made for millions. Look for this movie soon, and if you get the chance, check it out. You won't be disappointed.

Too much heart to ignore.

Author: kciccone2
1 May 2003

No need to say much. I saw a screening and was impressed with everything. Mike Leonardo and Matt Socia wrote, produced and starred in the movie, and they hit a home run on every asepct. The movie looks great, there are some really impressive cameos, and all in all, it blows away tons of hollywood studio films. Really good movie.