IMDb > Mega Man (1987) (VG) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Mega Man (VG) More at IMDbPro »Rockman (original title)

Mega Man!

Author: Movie Nuttball from U.S.A.
26 January 2005

The Mega Man series is one of the most exciting action video games! The characters, the action, and the sure thrill of excitement makes this game a fun non-stop playing time! Below is a brief look how I think the game is!

Game Play: The game play is very good. There is really basic controls here and is easy to perform. Novice gamers should have a good time here!

Graphics: The graphics are wonderful especially for the Nintendo System! The backgrounds are really beautiful!

Difficulty: The game is easy but as it goes on you find out that it will become more difficult!

Music: The music is great! Just fantastic catchy tunes through out the game! In My opinion its some of the best music ever in a video game!

Sound: The sound is great. Nuff said!

Overall: I have always loved Mega Man! If you like shooting and fighting action adventure games then I strongly recommend you play this game!

To purchase this video game check out Amazon.com!

Industrial robots on the rampage.

Author: Aaron1375
14 March 2009

Yes, called Mega Man in the United States this game would be the first of many titles in this series. Though I wonder why it is called Rockman in Japan, is it because they equate him to a rock somehow or is he rocking cool? Anyways in this game the evil Dr. Wiley has turned his robots evil, robots that were initially used for various construction and such type jobs. You have one who uses fire, a cold one, an electrical one, a bomb expert, one who cuts, and a strong one. As the title character you must progress through these characters deadly levels and defeat each one and gain their powers so that you can infiltrate Dr. Wiley's stronghold and go toe to toe with the evil creator himself. The game was rather fun for its time, though I found a few levels especially annoying, the first time I played it I especially had difficulty facing the first boss in Dr. Wiley's place. A creature that flies into the room a part and you must dodge each part or suffer damage and then when totally together you can shoot him once and he does it again. Granted, on subsequent playings I did not have all that much trouble against him. You also have another headache in this game common in many games of this era, the pit with no end. You know, the bottom of the screen has no floor, you fall in, and you instantly die. It is fun trying to figure out what villains powers can work against the others effectively and for the most part this game is a fun game, though part II is more fun...granted the enemy robots would start getting a tad strange as the series goes on, like Pharaoh man.

"Mega" is correct!

Author: plok253
30 June 2000

There may be hundreds of sequels, but the original is still the best if you ask me. It starts out with Dr. Wily and Dr. Light being buds, and creating 6 robots to help mankind. The robots were Bombman, who could explode unneeded buildings and such; Gutsman, who had enormous strength that could crush boulders; Cutman, who could chop down trees; Fireman, who could burn unnecessary objects and explore volcanic areas; and Iceman, who could explore Arctic area (there's also Elecman, but I forget his benefit.) During their companionship, Dr. Wily betrays Dr. Light and has the robots do his bidding. Dr. Wily, now a madman who hopes to conquer the world, must be stopped. Dr. Light realizes that his former cleaning robot, Mega Man, is everyone's last hope. Mega Man sets off to face the evil robots, and at the end meets Dr. Wily himself. This game is very original, and quite fun to play. As in any Mega Man game, you receive the enemies' power after defeating them, which in turn can help you find out secrets, and help you defeat some of the other robots. Viva Mega Man!

Games will never top this... ever.

Author: Paul Melin (transfan15@yahoo.com)
20 July 2000

Mega Man was one of the Nintendo games I grew up. This will remain as one of my favorites. Despite the fact that it was an 8-bit game, the graphics, gameplay, and sound\music were much better than most Nintendo games of that time. I especially love the "de-dit" sound that Mega Man makes every time he lands on the ground!

A good start for a well known franchise.

Author: dootuss from PA
8 January 2002

This was the begining of a major video game franchise. Dr.Light makes 8 robots each of which has its own special ability. Then his assistant Dr. Wily reprograms 6 of them, and makes them do evil. Thus one of the 8 robots of Dr. Light Rock becomes Mega Man, whose new duty is to defeat the evil robots, and then defeat Dr. Wily himself. This game was the begining of one of the longest running video game franchises in the world, not to mention one that would have over 20 sequels! This game will go down in history as one of the best ever!

The one that started it all.

Author: Justin Lloyd (justin.m.lloyd@gmail.com) from Idaho, USA
18 October 1999

Dr. Light was a genious. At a time when the world was at peace, he created eight robots to perform certain tasks for him: Rock, Roll, Cut Man, Guts Man, Elec Man, Ice Man, Fire Man, and Bomb Man. Each of them had their own use, such as Cut Man was used to cut down trees and Ice Man was used to explore terrain too cold for humans. As for Rock and Roll, Rock was a mechanic and Roll was a housekeeping robot. One day, Dr. Light's assistant Dr. Wily reprogrammed six of Dr. Light's robots to do his bidding and help him take over the world. Dr. Light, in an effort to stop him, changes Rock into a fighting robot, thus creating Mega Man.

Since then, Mega Man has spawned over 20 sequels, six for the Nintendo, five or more for the Game Boy, four or more for the Super Nintendo, several arcade games, Playstation games, computer games, and Sega Saturn Games. All of which take Mega Man on new adventures and new enemies to face. Truly an excellent game and probably one of the first equally challenging and equally beatable games for the Nintendo.