IMDb > Legend in Granite (1973) (TV) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Legend in Granite (TV) More at IMDbPro »

A Good Movie!

Author: wtl471629 from United States
4 February 2008

I wish it would be televised more. It was a short one hour television movie based on Vince Lombardi's life and is mainly set in his first two years as head coach of the Green Bay Packers and it is good. Ernest Borgnine did an awesome job as Coach Lombardi. I remember several articles about the movie that pointed out interesting facts. In fact it has been pointed out that before Vince became a head coach people would tell him that he looked like the actor Ernest Borgnine. What was also ironic is that during Vince's glory years as head coach of the Packers Ernest was not a big football fan because he was busy making movies several of them overseas. Several actual Packer players were consultants and it was said they were in awe of Borgnine and his resemblance to Coach Lombardi. This is one great movie and it does have actual films of some games and well worth seeing. I haven't seen it in a while but it is shown on TV once in a while but you have to be alert. I will post the time if I ever find out. Don't miss this one. One thing Mr. Borgnine said before the movie was aired about Coach Lombardi "I hope I have done the man justice." He did and did a great job.