IMDb > Assault on the State Treasure (1967) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Assault on the State Treasure More at IMDbPro »Assalto al tesoro di stato (original title)

Only hard to catch and to appreciate...

Author: GUENOT PHILIPPE (philippe.guenot@dbmail.com) from France
18 March 2012

Yes, this is a rare item from Italy, shot in the late sixties, when the heist movies were many around. Not only European but also American and certainly from other places. It is a mix up of light thriller and serious crime flick. Not much action, lots of talk, many clichés and predictable sequences. I admit I saw it in Italian spoken copy, and I don't understand Dio Risi's language...

But I followed this film well enough to say that I saw better in this kind of story.

The score itself - the robbery, I mean - is disappointing for me who saw many movies from this time. See for instance SEVEN GOLDEN MEN, or AD OGNI COSTO, directed by Guliano Montaldo, telling a fantastic caper in Rio De Janeiro. And if the characters are lousy, and the story too, let the caper be fantastic; that's the less the audience may deserve. But the overall atmosphere is not charmless. The music score is pure sixties.

Worth for those who like this kind of features.

And I hope that some Italian users will comment this film better than I just did.