IMDb > Little Nicky (2000) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Little Nicky

Little Nicky More at IMDbPro »

Page 8 of 24: [Prev][3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [Next]

It is as bad as you have heard.

Author: Spikeopath from United Kingdom
16 February 2010

Look, I'm a Sandler fan. If that's for my sins then so be it. I own about three quarters of his output on DVD and have been known to debate vociferously about the benefits of The Wedding Singer & 50 First Dates, but Little Nicky is painfully bad. Badly written by Sandler, Tim Herlihy & Steven Brill, with the latter directing with a blunt sabre, Little Nicky relies purely on stupid crass jokes for its worth and forgets to put any semblance of a heart in its mix. It does try with its odd and underwritten romance sub-plot {featuring a bemused Patricia Arquette}, but the whole thing exists purely to make stoner's and air heads laugh. It actually looks real nice in HD, and the soundtrack is pretty rocking. While the number of star cameos makes for an interesting {bemusing in a why? sort of way} viewing. But this really is only for those who think that toilet waste and talking dogs are the highest forms of conceptual comedy. The most evil question of all in a film about Satan and his offspring? Is how in the hell did the likes of Harvey Keitel {stepping in after AC/DC axeman Angus Young dropped out} ever agree to be a part of this dirge?

Straight to hell boys, all of you. 3/10

A life changing experience

Author: MariahWebb
30 January 2008

"Defining and analyzing humor is a pastime of humorless people." -Robert Benchley

Possibly one of the funniest movies I have seen in a long time. If you don't understand why this is funny, you should go rent "Epic Movie" and get on with your sad little excuse of a life. Adam Sandler is pure genus. The whole thing is just an indescribable burst of happiness to our everyday lives... OK that's a little over the top. It's just really funny, you should watch it... and if you don't like it... than go base jump off the side of a building WITHOUT A BUNGEE CORD.

*this user does not recommend committing suicide as a supplement to your since of humor, or your lack thereof*

Little Nicky - Big laughs!

Author: jackfan93 from United Kingdom
29 December 2007

This film is underrated, it has been given so many bad comments and i just don't see why. So am here to put them to rest!

The film is funny and clever in so many ways. Basically it is about one of three of the devils songs 2 go to earth to corrupt earth and unbalance good and evil - which cannot be done! And one (nicky) stays and has to help his father the devil, because he is dying. He goes to earth to capture them in a flask and encounters talking dogs, new york, the globe trotters and popeyes chicken!! It's funny and a must see! This film is amazing and humorous! So if you were unsure trust me one of the funniest films i have ever seen!

Comedy Central's Wet Dream

Author: RIPBelushi from United States
31 December 2006

This movie was panned by critics, and nominated for five razzie awards (which is an accomplishment in itself). It's no wonder why despite an a-list cast, including Adam Sandler, Patricia Arquette, Harvey Keitel, and Rodney Dangerfield, memorable cameos, like Ozzy Osbourne!!, one effed up plot, and not to mention Adam Sandler (did I mention Adam Sandler?) this movie was called one of the worst films of the year. However, today is Comedy Central's lucky day! Movie's that tank equal big bucks on television. This movie is the ultimate Comedy Central movie, terrible in every sense of the word, but loved by hardcore comedy fans everywhere.

And that is where I came across this movie.

The movie itself is god awful. Although stocked with some pretty memorable one-liners ("even in hell i get no respect") and some of the weirdest, but greatest, cameos ever put onto paper, they are mostly cheap laughs. However, as much as I hate to, I have to give an A for effort. This movie has some interesting special effects and an interesting commentary on the punk rock/metal culture. End. Sandler, as the son of Satan, plays the part to "perfection." As the third son of Satan, oddly reminiscent of Sandler's Waterboy (an outcast with a speech impediment), he has to save all of hell and of earth from the wrath of his two far superior brothers, one played by Rhys Ifans who I believe gives one of the only decent performances in this movie. Sandler is everything that a movie critic despises. He's irritating, and acts terribly. The rest of the acting is sub-par as well, even from the great Harvey Keitel, but I guess it's hard to give anything as the part of Satan in a comedy such as this one.

Bad acting + cheap laughs + box office flop= Comedy Central gold!

Go see Little Nicky, coming to a cable channel early in the morning, near you!

What can i say?

Author: Martina Gagyoole from United States
5 December 2006

An cool but hilarious movie for about id say 12 up or maybe 11 year old because there is some swearing in it. Adam Sandler is a brill Little Nicky as i have watched may movies from Adam Sandler before and he is wicked.Little Nicky is like an emo punk rock devil thing! Who is going to become King...But his brothers escape though the portal which puts people in hell and he has to go into the real world to find them and bring them back before there father dies by turning to bits.Little Nicky isn't very evil but kind of nice he shoots out Bunny's and rainbows out of his hands weird!And he goes up to heaven to visit his mum. I love the script and the settings also the storyline is very cool. I really recommend this film but remember pop eyes chicken is awesome!!

Sandler's worst

Author: OriginalMovieBuff21 from United States
29 October 2004

Little Nicky was probably the worst film of 2000. There was barely any laughs and all the laughs were just stupid fart jokes that we've heard before in any other film. I can't say, but I really like Adam Sandler's movies along time ago like in Happy Gilmore, Billy Madison, The Waterboy but now he's just kind of falling apart with films like Mr. Deeds and Eight Crazy Nights. He was excellent in Punch-Drunk Love and maybe he needs to stick to those serious movies instead. I mean I still really like Adam Sandler but he can make better films than these, honestly. I don't recommend this film.

Hedeen's outlook: 3/10 No Stars F

Hellava waste of money

Author: dobandray from United States
28 September 2004

After I saw "Wedding Singer", "Happy Gilmore" and even "Big Daddy" , I was really looking forward to seeing "Little Nicky". Instead I found myself praying for my soul, because I was in Hell for 90 minutes. The basic plot was a great idea, but missed it's mark by a continent. I remember when "Saturday Night Live" was not funny, I could change the channel. The only bright spot was John Lovitz part in the very beginning and his usual antics, too bad it was only 3 minutes long and there is another 87 minutes of pure torture. All I can say is the very talents of Harvey Kietel, Rodney Danderfield, Allen Covert and even Dana Carvy are wasted on this disaster; I hope they got paid plenty because with another role like that, they're all going to Hell. 1/2*

Experience Hell first-hand

Author: Zaxell
6 August 2004

This movie lacks cerebral wit, even by Sandler standards; but if you're willing to succumb to silliness, it will have its moments. If you watch this at home, I hope you have subtitles, because Adam Sandler's voice in this movie is even more irritating than Waterboy and you may not be able to resist the temptation of the mute button. The plot isn't especially coherent, but you couldn't possibly expect it to be, so that should come as no surprise. If you like physical humor or silly voices (in particular, Smigel's), you may get something out of this movie. If you expect something either the style or quality of Billy Madison or Happy Gilmore, don't bother with this movie.

The cast is pretty impressive, and is littered with cameos (and not just former SNL regulars, although some of them do find their way into the movie) with talent far exceeding the feeble script. The best thing you can do with this movie is read the credits and imagine how good it could have been.

Rubbish

Author: irlandesa from Spain
8 October 2003

Somebody told me that this was good and, although I don't like Adam Sandler much, I decided to get it out on DVD to watch with my son. Well, it was a complete waste of 2.50?, but at least it was still better than Spanish TV.

Good: the hell scenery, Quentin Tarantino, the guy with the tits on his head, the two metal fans and their endless baiting of the 'gay' roommate (he SO was), and the 'snoring'.

Bad: everything else. Adam Sandler talks with a stupid voice and his mouth twisted halfway round his face, when he remembers to. That is just plain annoying. Surely if your dad is the devil, he could straighten your face out. The jokes are puerile, the acting and situations are stereotyped, the endless plugs for Popeye chicken, bla bla bla.

If you want a REALLY good devil comes to earth horror/comedy, then I recommend El Dia de la Bestia.

BTW, my son enjoyed it, but then he's 14.

Painful

Author: M T (mark_kevintaylor@hotmail.com) from United Kingdom
24 September 2003

I genuinely liked Adam Sandler until I saw this film. I thought his movies, while stupid, idiotic, crass and childish, had an innocence, a charm about them. This one doesn't. It's ugly, unfriendly, and crucial for a comedy, it's not even funny.

Whoever casted this film needs to be slapped, whoever scripted this film needs to watch the casting director get a slap, then themselves get slapped twice. Whoever can provide information leading to the identification of the person's responsible for this crime against film gets to administer the first slapping.

Not funny, at all, horrible, horrible acting, bad sets, the only thing going for the film is that it sets a new low and people can say "Hey, at least x isn't as bad as Little Nicky". Line after line just dies, scenes go on far too long. The whole bastard movie goes on far too long.

Note: You may need sterilizing after watching this terrible garbage. I sat with my mouth open throughout, later realizing I had dribbled all down my top.