IMDb > Little Nicky (2000) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Little Nicky

Little Nicky More at IMDbPro »

Page 5 of 24: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [Next]

From a HUGE Sandler fan - Not his best movie.

Author: Scott Fontana from Succasunna, NJ
5 May 2001

I've been a huge fan of Adam Sandler's for at least 4 years now (I'm only 15). I have seen and own nearly every more he has appeared in--from Going Overboard to his latest, Little Nicky--and I must say that if I had to rank this among my favorite Sandler movies, this has to be one of his worst.

From a comedy standpoint I felt it wasn't nearly as funny as some of my personal favorites such as Happy Gilmore, Big Daddy, and Billy Madison. One or two things made me laugh, but not as much as I expect from a Sandler movie. The various other comedians featured in the film, to me, were pretty boring, too. I didn't even realize that Dana Carvey was the referee until I saw him in the cast on this page; Rodney Dangerfield did his usual comedic shtick even though I thought it wasn't as good as some of his jokes I've heard in guest appearances on Leno; Kevin Nealon's character is just plain not funny (I thought he was hilarious in Happy Gilmore). Jon Lovitz, on the other hand, was pretty funny though with the help of an oversized bird. The one thing I really did enjoy was the reference to a previous Sandler movie using one of its characters (for you Adam Sandler fanatics: You will enjoy that part).

The plot itself, I felt, was pretty stupid in my opinion. OK, so maybe Sandler's films--with the exception of Big Daddy and The Wedding Singer--aren't made to be for critical acclaim, I felt that for once the critics had every right to say what they did about this flick. It may be that I'm not into those fantasy-type movies, but the story was just so lame that it I wouldn't wish for Satan himself to see this God-forsaken movie.

I haven't seen it since the second day it was in theatres, and I do plan on buying it eventually to complete my Adam Sandler collection, but for those that haven't seen it I advise you NOT to waste $20 on the DVD, 15 bucks buying it on VHS, or even $5 at your local Blockbuster. If you really do want to see this movie for yourself, try to do so while at someone else's house who owns the movie or already rented it. And for all you other Sandler-maniacs out there, let's hold our hands together and pray than in his next movie he can put all this trash behind him, and return to the comedic glory he has previously attained.

Very funny

Author: cToTh-2 from Saskatchewan, Canada
1 May 2001

Adam Sandler gave one of his best performances in this movie, in my opinion. When people happen to say this movie "sucks" or something else along that line, they may very well be critiquing it based upon several criteria except entertainment value. From beginning to end, it was a very entertaining and silly movie, one that may not be very realistic, but that's not the point here. I found it to be a great distraction from tax season (I'm an accountant in Canada) and helped me "recharge" myself for the next work day.

8 out of 10 stars.

Have a brain, hated this movie

Author: vpa21133 from Lansdale, PA
28 April 2001

Since "The Wedding Singer," the quality of Adam Sandler's movies has been in a tailspin, each one worse than the next. In this turkey, he plays one of Satan's three sons, an idiot with a speech impediment and facial deformity (the result of being hit in the face with a shovel by one of his brothers). Of course, Sandler's character has the obligatory heart of gold.

His use of the speech impediment and deformity for humor is cheap, to put it mildly. What humor this movie has is of the shock-vulgar kind, and it continues Sandler's obsession with urination "jokes."

Unless you have two hours or so of your life to totally waste, don't rent this video!

It depends on how you look at it

Author: sandlerboy from Minnesota, USA
20 April 2001

It all depends on how you look at Little Nicky. The state of mind that you are in will determine what you think about it. If you are expecting a summer blockbuster, you're wrong. If you're expecting sensational acting and a terrific plot, you're wrong. If you're expecting the 2001 Best Film, I hate to say it, but you are sadly wrong. However, if you do walk into Little Nicky with an intention to sit down and have an enjoyable 90 minutes, you will probably enjoy it. It's no "Shawshank Redeption" but it is a way to spend an hour and a half.

Anyone who is sick of Adam Sandler's movies, just wait. I think we should all be excited for Paul Thomas Anderson's new picture, due in December. Adam Sandler, with the director of such masterpieces as Boogie Nights and Magnolia. Plus, Philip Seymore Hoffman will costar. I cant wait.

Cute, corny, full of Ultimate Laughs only Adam Sandler can produce.

Author: Pigwidgeon from Seattle, USA
29 December 2000

One word of advice - do not watch trailers. I did and guess what, practically every joke that was in the movie was on the trailer. Yes, dang. But the funny thing is, I've come to enjoy Little Nicky. It's another one of those 'mindless' entertainment that is full of cute moments. Remember the talking dog ('I'm a friend of your father's') and Valerie? They're cute. Nicky is cute. Geez, even the Devil is cute as hell. I enjoyed watching Little Nicky as much as I would enjoy watching reruns on television. Having seen The Waterboy and Big Daddy, I've realized (albeit a little too late) not to trust Adam Sandler to come up with heartwrenching movies that will magically strike some sensitive cord in you.

Adam Sandler does what he does best here - make cute movies. Worth renting the video. Not worth the ticket price though.

Sandler is one of our guys

Author: m_vazquez
25 December 2000

"Little Nicky", what´s a masterpiece. Funny, extreme, gross, incorrect... and great! I think this is what "Dogma" try to be: when the Smith´s film was a shy catholic movie with some dirty jokes, often funny but frustrated, this one is an insolent and brave film, with a strange and triumphal sense of humor, full of implied sex and heavy- metal. Blasphemy could be an art, too. Sandler is the ultimate king, Reese Witterspoon is God and "Little Nikki" one of the best comedies of this year. Antichrist superstar!!

A great movie for laughter

Author: dak-man (dhm1989@cs.com) from canton
12 December 2000

I love it. Absolutely, then again i've loved every adam movie. I love Billy Madison, Happy Gilmore, Wedding Singer, Big Daddy, & now Little Nicky. The only adam movie i dislike is Going Overboard. Toooo much language & kinda stupid.

But anyways, Little Nicky is funny from the beginning when Jon Lovitz plays his peeping tom role to when Satan is saved.

It seems every 10,000 years the Satan picks a new Satan. Nicky & his 2 brothers go to hear his decision. He thinks they're not ready & that he should be in charge again. Furious, Nick's brothers jump out of hell & seal the gates. Now Satan is dying unless Nicky can get his two brothers in this boddle in (i think) 2 days.

Nicky now heads to earth where he meets this dog who shows him his way around. Then its time for business. Nick's brothers can possess people so they could be anyone!

A 9.8 outta 10. & guess what, Ozzy Osbourne bites the head off a bat at the end!!!

I love Ozzy & if you do, you'll enjoy it. Email me with questions.

This is THE worst film I have EVER seen

Author: Tarik-5 from London
3 December 2000

OK, I'm no critic, I just like decent movies, funny ones especially, but without exaggerating, this movie is TERRIBLE, it's just not really very funny. In fact it was so bad that we all walked out after about 30 minutes. I've never done that before in any other film.

The jokes just, well, they're not really funny. I thought Big Daddy was great and so was the Wedding Singer, but this film is utter rubbish.

I only went to see it because of the reviews I'd read all claiming it to be hilarious. Not true at all in my opinion.

Go see it yourself - actually, nah, don't bother, you'd probably be wasting your time!

This movie sucks

Author: Rollo-Tomasi from Grindsted, Denmark
3 December 2000

A couple a days ago I was to suprie in a cinema, that means that you don't know what movie you are going to see, how cool. But it wasn't cool because the movie we should see was little nicky, with Adam Sandler (I just hate that guy). Adam Sandler's part is just as annoying as his previous parts are, namely that he is little stupid boy, who can't talk. every scene tries to be funny, but it fails every time, because the scenes aren't funny at all. The movie shall have 2 stars out of 10, because of the soundtrack, and all the cameos in the movie such as, Quentin Tarrentino, Harvey Keitel, etc. These to things are the only things, which are good in this movie, which absolutely SUCKS:

What was Adam Sandler thinking?

Author: darkman-27 from Saga, Japan
26 November 2000

I am a fan of Adam Sandler, but I just don't understand what he was thinking when he decided to make this film. Billy Madison for example, ok... its downright ridiculous, but it's also downright funny. Same goes for Happy Gilmore. Then came the Wedding Signer, it was what I like to call a movie that everyone can enjoy. Yet it still sneaks in great Adam Sandler humor. I true high quality film that most people should recognize. Waterboy came next; it sort of went back to the Madison format again. After that, Big Daddy came and went. I was happy to see Adam Sandler trying new things, but still packing in his good old humor... ok, now that I have rambled on lets get to my point.

Little Nicky... Whenever I hear that a new Adam Sandler movie is coming out I get excited because I hope it is going to make me roll on the floor, like Happy Gilmore did, but when I saw the preview for Little Nicky, I did not want to see it at all. It just seemed way too strange to be funny. Well, I went to see it anyway. I wanted to prove myself wrong.

This movie just was not funny. (ok it had a few moments) But it was generally just stupid. It was so bad I have almost lost all my respect for Mr. Sandler. I am sorry. This movie is not believable in any way. I just don't understand how a movie like this could have even been made. I would like to give some more specific examples, but it would just take too much out of me. Just Do yourself a favor, and forget about seeing this one.