IMDb > Little Nicky (2000) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Little Nicky

Little Nicky More at IMDbPro »

Page 4 of 24: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [Next]

Forgive the shortcomings of this comment but....

Author: evilearthwormjim from Ireland
25 July 2001

They are as multiple and as henous as this film

First of all I am a big Sandler fan. I laughed my arse off during the waterboy and I can quite easily overlook some of the not-so-funny things Sandler does in his films

BUT this film is crap. CRAP!!

Sandlers put-on voice during this film is the most grating thing. It just bugs me and others.

Well, what about the story, after 10 mins I really didn't care what happened. But I sat through the whole thing and cringed. I think I may have laughed once. And not very hard. This is just annoying tripe and I have classified it as one of the worst movies I have ever seen.

However this WILL appeal to kids between 5-10. It's the kinda film you'd put on at a kids party and They'd enjoy it for about 45-65mins until a dog runs past the window and attract their attention elsewhere.

Totally Fabulous...

Author: Connie (kuddells@cs.com) from Glen Burnie, Maryland
12 July 2001

I really enjoyed this movie. I watched it about 25 times in a week. Then my boyfriend and I went and purchased the movie. I hope you like it too.

Connie J.

Much Better than I thought

Author: Vickie (sunflwr42@hotmail.com) from Vancouver, British Columbia
3 July 2001

When I first saw the previews for this movie I thought that there would be no way in hell I would ever watch it....but my boyfriend wanted to see it when it came out on video and we both thought it was very funny. I was very pleasantly suprised. If you have a warped sense of humour...you might want to give this one a try. It was a good laugh.

Not What I expected at all!!!

Author: Liam McCarthy from Hull, UK
25 June 2001

I loved this movie. I have seen pretty much all of Adam Sandlers other stuff and like it, but this was insane. It is just so strange in places, and so cruel!!! I have never laughed so hard in my life...well ok thats a lie but I would recommend this to anyone. Switch the brain down (not off though this is not a total no brainer) and enjoy. Oh if you can get a DVD copy watch the deleted scenes and see the depraved and sometimes painful stuff they cut out... the scene with the cop blew my mind!!! Oh and wait for Ozzy...I really did not see that coming!!!

Funny, but not interested in seeing it again

Author: andreafeeser from USA
23 June 2001

This was the kind of movie that is funny enough to watch once, but not over and over. I enjoyed Happy Gilmore, and can watch it every couple of months. Little Nicky is no Happy Gilmore. I would suggest watching it for the unique jokes and comedy. It makes for an enjoyable evening.

Adopt Little Nicky.

Author: Justin from Denver, CO
14 June 2001

I have seen this movie several times. Everytime I see it I'm more in awe of the fact that some many talented actors and actresses are starving for a paycheck. I just can understand why Harvey Keitel would show his face in something this bad. There is comedy that is slapstick, dumb funny ie. "Dumb and Dumber". This is a childes imagination that has zero humor. I don't need a movie to remind me how silly me and my friends mantality was on the playground at 5. The only positive note I can walk away with in this movie is, if someone is willing to put up the money for this maybe I have a shot.

Sandler's Schtick = Slightly Stale

Author: jonathansanders (jonathansanders@justice.com) from Leopold, IN
10 June 2001

I saw Little Nicky, and I was frankly disappointed in the fact that Adam Sandler, who I believe to be a very creative man, did not tread any new ground. The jokes were all old, and when they actually found a joke that worked (a.k.a. "the deep south", you 'll get it when you see the movie), they burned it into the ground (no pun intended).

I thought the plot sounded saleable, but the movie didn't live up to my expectations at all. The whole thing was predictable to the point of obsessive. So many guest stars were thrown in just for cheap laughs that I almost became ill (I still feel that Henry Winckler deserved MUCH MORE than this cameo), although a ray of light was the appearance of Chubs Peterson of Happy Gilmore fame.

But what annoyed me the most was how this dim-minded movie seemed to cater to tit jokes (just listen to Rodney Dangerfield) and other pre-adolescent humor. For everyone who has seen such Sandler gems as Happy Gilmore and The Wedding Singer, this movie just shows that he needs to take a short vacation to come up with new ideas.

He has a new film coming out in December, called "Eight Crazy Nights" (billed as a Hannukah musical). Maybe he can redeem himself.

Kick-@$$ (some spoilers)

Author: Opie-6 from Richmond, Virginia
8 June 2001

I looked at the trailers and thought this movie would suck, but being an Adam Sandler fan, I bought it on ppv. It is awesome. It has all the best elements from past Adam Sandler movies; the heart of Big Daddy, the slapstick comedy of the Waterboy, the romance of the wedding singer, chubbs from Happy Gilmore, and the pure joy from Billy Madison. This has a great cast, with cameos ranging from SNL stars to Dan Marino and Regis Philbin. This is a movie that will put a smile on your face. This is Adam Sandler's best film to date. Plus, Hitler gets pineapples shoved up his @$$ and there is a touching tribute of sorts to Chris Farley. You have to see this movie! 10 out of 10!

Welcome to the manic world of Adam Sandler!

Author: daveairguitar (david.armstrong12@btinternet.com) from Carlisle, England
7 June 2001

Adam Sandler is a very funny man but where this movie fails is its overdose on sentimentality. Don't get me wrong it is a good film but its hardly funny ha! ha! more like funny strange with a couple of titters here and there. Sandler plays Little Nicky a kind of strange character somewhere between Quasimodo and his nerdy character in the Waterboy. Ryhs Ifans starring as Nicky's evil brother Adrian is gloriously over the top and completely steals the show. Adrian and Nicky's other evil brother Cassius decide to go up to earth to corrupt the people and their father the Devil himself (amusingly played by Harvey Kietel) sends Little Nicky after them to bring them back cue sub-plot about the Devil dying because Adrian and Cassius have frozen the gates to the entrance of hell, etc etc. This leaves Little Nicky till midnight to get them back before his father, the unholy one himself croaks. Once Nicky gets upto earth he does the usual stranger to the world routine embarrassing himself with his lack of social and moralness. His love interest is completely blink and you'll miss her and thats about it really. Check out cameos from Henri Winkler, Carl Weathers as Chubbs (Its all in the HIPS!) and Quentin Tarantino. Could have been so much better!

It's off to camp we go...

Author: 1sovereignmagic from Indiana
7 June 2001

Even though I am a big fan of Adam Sandler and I slightly enjoyed this movie, I couldn't give it a high rating. I'm really getting tired of the slapstick, cardboard cut-out comedy that seems to be so popular (or is it) these days. I know that Adam Sandler can do better than this, now it's time for him to prove it.